F1 2019 1.09 patch breaks DD1 PS4 compatibility

Just a heads up since there are currently widespread complaints of this problem on Codemasters forums.  The 1.09 patch released today has broken F1 2019 compatibility with the DD1 PS4 wheel base.  It appears the wheel is no longer recognized by the F1 2019 game, which I have confirmed using my own DD1 and PS4 Pro.  This is very unfortunate, since this patch supposedly adds some of the extra wheel buttons for use on PS4 (finally!).  Hopefully CM resolve this soon, but for anyone using DD1 PS4 to play F1 2019.  Heads up.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    We're looking into it. It appears that COMP PS4 mode still works; I recommend that you use that as a temporary solution.
  • just give it time, right?
  • Same here guys with dd1
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited August 2019
    I assume you're referring to the Podium Racing Wheel F1, Luca? The Podium Wheel Base DD1 seems to be operating as normal on the PC version.

Please use COMP PS4 on the PS4 version for now. The improved wheel support (MPS encoders and upper P APM paddles) is working correctly in this mode.

Codemasters is aware of the issue.
  • Questa informazione è stata molto utile! Grazie
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Please post in English Antonio. Use google translate if necessary. Thanks.
  • u know about Google translate, so you know he was thanking poster for the information or maybe you should use google translate ?
  • u know about Google translate, so you know he was thanking poster for the information or maybe you should use google translate ?The 
    The forum language is English. This means that the poster should post in English and use an online translator if necessary, not the reader of the posting.
  • right, next you're gonna say to not say thank you, too save server space. you must be from gt planet.
  • edited August 2019
    It's perfectly fine to say thank you. But do it in English, the forum language.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/107/important-forum-rules

I don't understand what's so hard to understand that people from all over the world shouldn't all post in their own language on this forum, as it would make the forum a useless mess and impossible to moderate, let alone for Fanatec to help people. If you don't (want to) understand that that's fine, but please stop posting pointless comments.
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited August 2019
    It's perfectly fine to say thank you. But do it in English, the forum language.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/107/important-forum-rules

I don't understand what's so hard to understand that people from all over the world shouldn't all post in their own language on this forum, as it would make the forum a useless mess and impossible to moderate, let alone for Fanatec to help people. If you don't (want to) understand that that's fine, but please stop posting pointless comments.
    talk about useless and pointless, try looking around ?
  • I can not even use PS4 Comp mode to play F1 2019. Haha I just got mine yesterday and have been rattling my brain as to why it doesn’t work with F1 2019. Well now I know.
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited August 2019
    Mine didn't work at 1st either. try rebooting ps4 and base, as i often have to with both repeatedly. the rotary encoders and middle switches work now, although i have to admit i never care to try till now. maybe a lil more information from fanatec from more testing would help prevent us from hitting these wall with their plug and play product. this happened with the csl elite for ps4, announced new features in update, then update bricks base or the rotation angle bug, pick it. If u need a fanatec rep on a conference call to make sure all the boxes are check b4 the patch drops, get in the phone, you make N.America customers wake in the middle of the night for tech support, probably karma for that. i dont think this will ever work properly before f1 2020., but im crossing my fingers because i ain't getting my $ back for false advertising.
  • Thanks for the reply Dominic, yes I'm playing with Comp ps4 mode. Hope this will be fixed with patch1.10.
  • I'm experiencing the same issue.   I have Podium F1 wheel with V3 pedals that I just received yesterday.  The PS button and the directional joysticks will work in the normal playstation menu, but once inside F1 2019....nothing.

I was able to get it to work finally by switching to PS compatibility mode like mentioned above, but it recognizes it as Clubsport V3 wheel.  Was pretty frustrating spending all the time to get it mounted and everything...finally turn it on...and then be back to the original PS controller..haha.  

Has anyone from Codemasters or Fanatec commented?
  • edited September 2019
    Its known now for 3 weeks that you need to use the PS4 compatibility mode in F1 2019 for now until they fix the issue.
    So, please use the PS4 Comp mode, that will work just fine until Codemasters fixes the issue that the DD1 PS4 is actually not working in native PS4 mode. In todays 1.10 changelog they aknowledged the issue and said that it will be fixed "in the next couple of patches" (whatever this means).
    Using the PS4 Comp mode has no disadvantages.
  • I can't get ps4 comp mode to work

• and you post this in a thread which is almost a year old?!

Follow the instructions in the Quick Guide to switch to PS4 Comp Mode.

However, Why exactly do you want to switch to PS4 Comp Mode in F1 2019 which has native support?!