ClubSport Wheel Bases discussion

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
General discussion for topics related to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 / V2.5 (CS WB V2 / CS WB V2.5).

Comments

• hi guys name is mike I have clubsport v2.5 ive downloaded the frimwear for the base but is not showing up  on the property idk what to do or to fix it any way to fix it so the wheel and the peddles to work with the xbox one
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    hi guys name is mike I have clubsport v2.5 ive downloaded the frimwear for the base but is not showing up  on the property idk what to do or to fix it any way to fix it so the wheel and the peddles to work with the xbox one
    Hi Mike, please check that you have downloaded the correct Fanatec driver package (from the downloads section of the V2.5 product page) for your version of Windows. Once that is installed, you should see the V2.5 in the list of game controllers. When you open the properties window, you should be automatically prompted to update the firmware of the base. If you are having problems with this process, please contact our support team.
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited July 2019
    I have both a DD! and V2.5   I've been using the DD! and have decided to switch back to my V2.5.   I have Windows 10 Pro

The problem is that the DD! driver is a later version than the V2.5.  The Game Controllers interface recognizes that the V2.5 is attached however the properties is generic Microsoft controller.  When I try to install the V328 driver on the V2.5 downloads it will not allow it to be installed because it is not the latest.  

In iRacing I was able to calibrate, albeit with the wheel having force which is not normal.  I was able to calibrate the V3 which are attached to the V2.5.  I have a Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which the clutch was recognized and the shifter paddles where recognized.  Although I believe that is due to the DD! used the same.   However iRacing will not enable force feedback.  I think this is due to the V2.5 not having a saftey plug like the DD!.  During calibration the wheel exerted more force than on the track.  Also I could not map any of the other switches.

Bottom line is that the DD! is acceptable on road course that do not have hairpins.  So untill the DD! software is released I would like to use my V2.5 which is a very good wheel base.

How do I get the Fanatec driver updated to drive the V2.5?
  • edited July 2019

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited July 2019
    Regarding the 2.0 and 2.5 base. A friend of mine has a v2.0 which was recently repaired and Fanatec did put a 2.5 montor in the base. He asked me if I want to buy it cause he's upgrading to a DD. Now my question is this base now considered a 2.5 or is it still a 2.0 cause of the other hardware and PCB, or is it a hybride? 

Yours,

Rinus

Perhaps this fits my question, https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/740/answered-diffrence-between-csw-v2-upgraded-and-csw-v2-5#latest but I don't know if the electronics of the base of my friend are replaced too, The receipt only says Motor Module including Motor Driver
    Hi Rinus,

Yes the same answer applies. The base is seen by our software as a V2.5, not a 'hybrid' between the two.
  • Hi Rinus,

Yes the same answer applies. The base is seen by our software as a V2.5, not a 'hybrid' between the two.
    Thank you! I've another question/suggestion,

Since I learned of this https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/Racing_Sims_Racing_Games is it  perhaps possible to update the firmware and drivers to have more than 5 profiles. I've already set up profile for on rFactor 2 and it feels great. Perhaps an idea to also be able to name the S_1 etc to rFac, AC, etc. 

Hi Rinus,

Thank you! I've another question/suggestion,

Since I learned of this https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/Racing_Sims_Racing_Games is it  perhaps possible to update the firmware and drivers to have more than 5 profiles. I've already set up profile for on rFactor 2 and it feels great. Perhaps an idea to also be able to name the S_1 etc to rFac, AC, etc. 

Unfortunately it's not possible at this stage to store more than five Tuning Menu profiles on the wheel bases themselves, or to name them differently. However, our FanaLab software is launching very soon, and this will allow you to store an unlimited number of profiles on your PC (and also set them to automatically load on game launches).
  • Hi,
    I plan to purchase a CSW 2.5

Owning a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD I mounted my current Thrustmaster T500RS to it and found out non DD steering shafts seem to be too short to setup a good driving position with shifter and handbrake. Is it possible to have, compared to the mounting holes for screws CSW vs Podium DD, an extension to have them stick out the same length?

Then I wonder which steering wheel to take.
    I would like to have the podium shifters, but also I play dirt rally and no F1 games at all. So how's the shifter quality of the podium magnetic compared to the regular ones attached to the steering wheels or the universal wheel hub?

Those base mounted shifters seem to be not available with magnectic construction.

The podium hub, can you only attach two of the button boxes to it? 6 buttons don't seem enough to me.

Hope you can bring some light into this. =)

Kind regards,
    Christopher
    Hi Christopher,

There is no official steering shaft extension for our products, but it is being considered as a future accessory. Using a spacer on top of the Universal or Podium Hub, or perhaps a dished wheel like our Drift or Oval rims (or something with a more extreme dish from a third party) could help bring the wheel closer to you. However this can reduce (or even completely remove) the convenience/reachability of paddle shifters or buttons. Perhaps you can mount the base closer to you with a modified wheel plate.

That's right, the ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles are not magnetic. The Podium Advanced Paddle Module is the first magnetic shifter system in our range, and it has a significantly more positive and realistic 'click' feel than the standard shifter modules.

Yes, the 2 standard button clusters connect directly to the Podium Hub PCBA. As the Podium Hub is much more compact than the Universal Hub (as it was designed as a more premium, modular component), it was not possible to add the same number of connectors inside. Instead, we are using a 'DataPort-C' connection, which allows for an almost unlimited number of inputs in dedicated button modules. The first product of this kind was shown at the Sim Expo, and is called the Podium Button Module Endurance, and should be available soon. More button module designs will come later.
  • I'll be selling the Steering Wheel F1 for 400€ if anyone is interested, link below.
    Works with CSL, CSW and Podium wheel bases.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/1023/limited-edition-steering-wheel-f1-with-advanced-paddle-module-400-shipped-eu-uk#latest
  • Hi Dominic,

good to know, but you're right. I wouldn't want to render the paddle shifters useless. That would at least need spacers for the paddles, too. We'll see. Maybe I will just mount a rigid plate on top of the wheel stand, using the mounting holes for the wheels and then offset the wheel to the bigger plate. No predictions how much flex that would add. Ugly to need to recut threads, grind surfaces plane and extend the top mount to use a 280€ wheel base as advertised...but hey...there is no comparing product so they can do it. =/

Maybe you can easily answer this: I read fanatec is blocking the use of wheels without authorisation via a chip like podium and universal hub got. Is the quick release adpter alone possible to use with the drifting wheel? When I got that both for a relativlely small price I can imagine having that with the H-/Seq-Shifter in parallel to one flatened wheel with the podium shifters in exchange depending on the game. But I wouldn't buy a second podium hub just to not use any buttons/shifters anyway.

I'm looking forward for more designs. Compared to the rest of your designs, that endurance button module is not very appealing to the eye what I saw from your product pictures yet. Wouldn't integrate into that premium podium look too much. =/

@Pascal Lefevre: That looks like a proper dick move to me. Out of stock and you sell it for 50 bucks more than msrp. Hopefully nobody will buy it from you.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    edited September 2019

@Pascal Lefevre: That looks like a proper dick move to me. Out of stock and you sell it for 50 bucks more than msrp. Hopefully nobody will buy it from you.

Before you use words like "proper dick move" you should make the effort to read.

The wheel I sell is (a version of) the 350€ wheel + 180€ podium shifters, that's a 530€ + shipping value which I sell for 400€ shipping included = easily 170€ below the price for a brand new wheel.

I put the info you missed in bold so even a dick like you can read it.

Maybe you can easily answer this: I read fanatec is blocking the use of wheels without authorisation via a chip like podium and universal hub got. Is the quick release adpter alone possible to use with the drifting wheel? When I got that both for a relativlely small price I can imagine having that with the H-/Seq-Shifter in parallel to one flatened wheel with the podium shifters in exchange depending on the game. But I wouldn't buy a second podium hub just to not use any buttons/shifters anyway.
    That's not correct - Fanatec wheel base QRs have always required an electronic connection in the wheel/hub for the base to operate. What you are probably referring to is the newer steering wheels that have electronic restrictions on use with wheel bases from other manufacturers.

The ClubSport Quick Release Adapter is just a mechanical component - it needs to be used in combination with a Fanatec steering wheel or the Podium or Universal Hub, as the hubs contain the electronics and the contact pins. If you want to make use of the Fanatec QR system with multiple rims then you would need a Podium or Universal Hub for each. As long as you have one Fanatec hub, you can use any rim or even any third-party USB steering wheel. It's even possible to add a third-party base-side QR to the 'front' of the Podium/Universal Hub. This isn't an ideal solution as you'll have two QRs in a row and you're increasing the number of components connected to the shaft, but it would act as an extension, which might be useful in your case).

• @Pascal Lefevre: That looks like a proper dick move to me. Out of stock and you sell it for 50 bucks more than msrp. Hopefully nobody will buy it from you.

Before you use words like "proper dick move" you should make the effort to read.

The wheel I sell is (a version of) the 350€ wheel + 180€ podium shifters, that's a 530€ + shipping value which I sell for 400€ shipping included = easily 170€ below the price for a brand new wheel.

I put the info you missed in bold so even a dick like you can read it.

Fair enough. Shame on me for not clicking the link and expecting someone spreading sales info in multiple threads not providing all the information in each post.

That's not correct - Fanatec wheel base QRs have always required an electronic connection in the wheel/hub for the base to operate. What you are probably referring to is the newer steering wheels that have electronic restrictions on use with wheel bases from other manufacturers.

The ClubSport Quick Release Adapter is just a mechanical component - it needs to be used in combination with a Fanatec steering wheel or the Podium or Universal Hub, as the hubs contain the electronics and the contact pins. If you want to make use of the Fanatec QR system with multiple rims then you would need a Podium or Universal Hub for each. As long as you have one Fanatec hub, you can use any rim or even any third-party USB steering wheel. It's even possible to add a third-party base-side QR to the 'front' of the Podium/Universal Hub. This isn't an ideal solution as you'll have two QRs in a row and you're increasing the number of components connected to the shaft, but it would act as an extension, which might be useful in your case).
    Ok, different words but same outcome. You need an extra hub in addition to the quickrelease if you don't want to unscrew and reattach a rim. Thanks for confirming.
  • Hi guys! I am missing negative drift mode values (DRI) from my base.
    I can't flash motor firmware. Nothing happens when I click to update FW.
    What could be the problem?

• Hola!

Se me desconecta la base V2.5, al pisar un piano ,o al tener un accidente,y no responde,parpadeando luz roja de START.

Reinicio,y todo bien,,hasta que piso otro piano,o accidente ,y mismo problema,

Esta en garantia

• Base csw v2.5

I was playing a 90's dtm assetto corsa and I felt that the belt slipped on the pulley. My force feedback was 30. Should I be concerned about that?

• My suggestion would be to reinstall the drivers. That appears to be a windows issue to me, but not sure. It takes a few seconds after you click the update firmware for the boot loader screen to come up.

You could also try and put the wheel into bootloader mode by pressing the red power button ‘START’ on the front plate of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 for about 8 seconds when the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is switched OFF. I believe this will also bring up the boot loader screen.

• hi guys I'm looking at buying the clubsport wheel base V2.5 and the final destination will be in south africa will the unit work on 220V AC POWER SUPPLY as i am aware that in the use you guys use 110v

thanks

• edited April 2020
    Hi guys, i am an xbox competitivo pack owner, i have two questions for you for my clubsport V2.5.

what is the latest firmware now? my wheel has firmware 628, is it correct, Is It the last one ?

when doing the setting in my steering wheel the FF goes from 0 to 200 while in the manual it goes from 0 to 100 why? Is it correct?

thanks to those who can help me

• So i tried the new drivers and the fanalab. when i launch a game my wheel just jerks to the side, locks in place and starts stuttering...did i miss something?

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited June 2020

Which game / sim you talking about? If it's AMS 2 you need to delete the AMS 2 in mydocuments and calibrate your wheel again.

• Hmm try a driver / firmware re-install or downgrade, or ask an RMA if you still have warranty.

• Hi guys i have csw v2.5 should i always unplug power supply when pc is off? Bcs that blue diode is still on. Or turn it off on base start button enough?

• hi guys can some point me in the right direction i currently have a clubsport v2.5 with

pc driver 328 installed

wheel base firmware 628

wheel base motor firmware 18

im led to believe these are very old drivers can something give me the most stable pc driver available also wheel base firm ware and motor firm ware.

much appreciated

wayne

• Any news on how long before we can use the podium endurance module on a ClubSport v2.5?

• CSW V2.5 will not turn on. Worked fine before being powered down but now will not turn on. Pressing the button causes the wheel to jerk slightly but nothing happens. Holding it down causes it to go into boot loader mode but hitting "reset wheel" does nothing. The blue light around the base button goes out as soon as you left go of the button. This is a wheel base that was new in March of 2020 and has the Beta 361 driver installed. (Universal Hub with Podium Module)