How do you look left and right while on track with F1 podium wheel on PS4 F1 2019?

Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
edited September 2019 in F1 20xx
I’m currently using the F1 podium on compatibility mode since DD1 isn’t recognized in 1.10 on F1 2019 PS4. How do you guys look left and right while on track? By default it is unassigned in the controls, and it doesn’t seem like the game recognizes the left stick from the wheel :(

Comments

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited September 2019
    however you map the control to do so in the options. the game is full of holes when it comes to the podium dd1 for ps4 and one has to be very careful to not fall in one. map all u think you will use, but make sure you take notes and report back. ;p
  • however you map the control to do so in the options. the game is full of holes when it comes to the podium dd1 for ps4 and one has to be very careful to not fall in one. map all u think you will use, but make sure you take notes and report back. ;p
    Have you assigned anything to look left or right? I noticed so far that the game doesn’t recognize 1) left stick 2) either rotary switch 3) either left or right dial towards top of the wheel So I am unable to use any of those to assign any function. How about you?
  • im abstaining from f1 2019 till they get it more sorted. Although i did use the ps4 comp mode and messed around a lil and the rotary and center switches i can confirm mapped
  • im abstaining from f1 2019 till they get it more sorted. Although i did use the ps4 comp mode and messed around a lil and the rotary and center switches i can confirm mapped
    How did you map them if you don’t mind me asking? When I go to control settings and you want to select the rotary switch, you can’t exactly push it like it’s a button to activate it (if that makes sense)
    edited September 2019
    mfd short cut options is where i achieved this, or something like that i think? once i finally got that figured out, it was self explanatory. it allows u to hotkey mfd controls to rotaries and switches, the hardest part is figuring out where and what u want to map. Xl
  • mfd short cut options is where i achieved this, or something like that i think? once i finally got that figured out, it was self explanatory. it allows u to hotkey mfd controls to rotaries and switches, the hardest part is figuring out where and what u want to map. Xl
    You’re talking about playing with a wheel correct? I don’t see an option within controls to create MfD shortcuts :(
  • yes, its in there, i will look when i have a moment.
  • so highlight your control profile in control and calibration, open to edit and mfd shortcuts will be available . hopefully this helps.
  • Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited September 2019
    so highlight your control profile in control and calibration, open to edit and mfd shortcuts will be available . hopefully this helps.
    Thanks Aaron, I’m going to do this today and report back. From there I should be able to assign it to the rotary switches? Thanks again!
  • so highlight your control profile in control and calibration, open to edit and mfd shortcuts will be available . hopefully this helps.
    It worked. You’re the man. Thanks
  • you're welcome, as my favorite non-fanatec selling YouTube star says, "im just here for the social media clicks "
  • yo, update! i got them all assigned or have had them in various configurations. that's pretty cool that it all works, now i pretend im the worst f1 driver ever and crash trying to remember where my knobs are.
  • yo, update! i got them all assigned or have had them in various configurations. that's pretty cool that it all works, now i pretend im the worst f1 driver ever and crash trying to remember where my knobs are.
    Me too thanks! How did you configure? I put the rotary knobs as ERS on the right knob and fuel concentration on the left knob. For the rotary dials near the top I put brake offset and I forget what I put on the left one I just use the top paddles (above the shifter ones) to look left and right now which is kind of weird but it works
    edited September 2019
    i have everything on the rotaries. Diffs on left thumb, brakes on right. The center rotaries for the power control ,Left ers and right for fuel mix. i was previously using the toggles for stuff, but i prefer the way i have it now and was pretty much all i was hoping to get out of it. follow me on twitch and watch me suffer any time u want, DroorS
  • Hi guys, don’t suppose you remember your tuning menu selection on the wheel itself for the bottom rotary Multi Function Switches... constant, pulse or other?

thanks 👊🏽💥