DD1 and V3 inverted pedals.

Hi guys, I have the F1 DD1 wheel and V3 pedals but cannot get the pedals to work at all on the PS4.I have tested the data cable and that is in perfect order. I have connected the pedals to my laptop and can run the the rumble test, can see the brake and throttle being applied but cannot get them to do anything in a game on the PS4. I have both F1 2019 and Gran Turismo Sport. 

This seems to be a software issue. What am I missing here? Can someone tell me what driver I am missing?

The wheel is fine. I can see that in both games and works perfectly. 

I don't see a video of the issue being of any help, i just cannot get them to work on the PS4 Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Paul

Comments

• How do you have the Pedals connected? You don't need any specific driver because a driver can't be used on console. You could only install latest driver 346 on a pc, flash the wheel base firmware to v662 and give it another try but any firmware should work with the Pedals without the need of a firmware update anyway so seems you are doing something wrong..
  • Paul TriffittPaul Triffitt Member
    edited October 2019
    Thanks mate.

I have them connected with the RJ 12 lead  between the wheel base and the pedals which came in the box.

The latest drivers found on the fanatec site are "driver 335". Where do I find the 346?
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited October 2019
    wow, nobody on team fanatec has even tried this , tried to debunk this or have Sony fix. terrible if u have any trouble use my YouTube profile to find me on the psn or twitch (same as my psn just no 77) and i can walk u thru if needed, but definitely a follow or thumbs up is cool too. good work Team Fanatec with the continued beta testing and community support.
    edited October 2019
    i continue to have to do this on all psn titles, ABS in base has to be set to user preferences as does the FEI. its amazing on GT sport, dirt rally 2.0 and f1 2019, its a shame fanatec cant use this to sell products. Till then, i try and pass this on, as fanatec and or Sony obviously has no plans on fully implemented the dd1 or as i have said numerous times, it would of came that way as their marketing suggested and i believe continues to suggest.
  • playstation v7.00, fingers crossed!
  • Aaron Scott, you’re a dead set legend mate. Thankyou!!!!! I’ll give this a go when I have a spare moment, probably over the weekend. If you’re in Sydney I’ll have to buy you a beer!
  • just tell the fine folks at fanatec, they have a mixed opinion of me.
  • Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited October 2019
    i continue to have to do this on all psn titles, ABS in base has to be set to user preferences as does the FEI. its amazing on GT sport, dirt rally 2.0 and f1 2019, its a shame fanatec cant use this to sell products. Till then, i try and pass this on, as fanatec and or Sony obviously has no plans on fully implemented the dd1 or as i have said numerous times, it would of came that way as their marketing suggested and i believe continues to suggest.
    Aaron, sorry in advance as this is about to sound like a dumb question, but you're talking about the wheel base right?  Do you have to do this using Fanalab or can you do this directly on the DD1?  I have most of the settings done pretty well so far, but on F1 2019, I am only feeling rumble (on the pedals), when the brake is pressed down all the way.   Is that all the feedback these pedals should have on F1 2019 or should you be able to feel road bumps and curbs like you can on the wheel?  I assumed the hard braking was the only vibration that was supported or something...
  • Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited October 2019
    How do you set ABS and FEI to “user preference?” My FEI is set to 100 and I believe ABS is 45. I’m not seeing anything that says “user preference”. Just to clarify, I play with traction control and ABS assists turned off in the game. I read somewhere that people were noticing the rumble only worked with TC and ABS turned on. Sorry again if that sounds dumb
    edited October 2019
    user preference as in the ABS rumble signal is based on input, not lock up. the number represents the brake curve, 0 being immediately and 100 being full depression of the pedal. my tuning menu settings are ABS 55 and 100, in game i do not use traction control, anti-lock brakes, stability control or any assists. i even leave the halo post up to get as full pull as i can handle. so at ABS 55 the brake motor should give feed back about halfway of the pedal travel.
  • my tuning menu settings are ABS 55 and 100, in game i do not use traction control, anti-lock brakes, stability control or any assists. i even leave the halo post up to get as full pull as i can handle.
    Are you getting any vibration on the throttle pedal or only on the brake pedal? It would be great if you could feel road bumps and curbs in the pedals (and not just in the wheel)
    edited October 2019
    i have been dirt rally 2.0ing a ton lately since the bricking of the dd1 , i swear its awesome with the motors in that game. i get full details from the both motors and the f1 rim. yes i still rally with that pos. i beat all my goals on dirt and am gonna hit f1 again tomorrow! ????
  • my tuning menu settings are ABS 55 and 100, in game i do not use traction control, anti-lock brakes, stability control or any assists. i even leave the halo post up to get as full pull as i can handle.
    Are you getting any vibration on the throttle pedal or only on the brake pedal? It would be great if you could feel road bumps and curbs in the pedals (and not just in the wheel)
    so in the game menu there should be settings for kerb and road, in the base thats the fei.
  • i have been dirt rally 2.0ing a ton lately since the bricking of the dd1 , i swear its awesome with the motors in that game. i get full details from the both motors and the f1 rim. yes i still rally with that pos. i beat all my goals on dirt and am gonna hit f1 again tomorrow! ????
    I just Dirt Rally 2.0 so I haven’t had any time to play it yet. The DD1 is now fully supported since the latest patch in F1 2019, but I still haven’t been able to get any vibration in the throttle pedal, I sometimes barely get it on the brakes after your workaround. I’ve never felt any street bumps or curbs in either pedal ever :(
    so in the game menu there should be settings for kerb and road, in the base thats the fei.
    Any idea what the setting is called in game for curbs and stuff for the pedals? I was under the assumption that all those in game settings were for feedback to the wheel
  • yes, it in the controls menu, have to r1 i think, let me run down and check.
    edited October 2019
    right same as the mfd short cut menu, just the tab before "vibrators and for it backwards " buhahahaha .so controls vibs, then highlight your base to edit, from there see vibration and force feedback
  • yes, it in the controls menu, have to r1 i think, let me run down and check.
    Thanks man, don’t worry about it if you’re busy, no rush. Just to clarify, when you’re playing F1, you are getting street effects and rumbles in both pedals?
  • you know im tryin not to, feel stuff like that. in f1 that means you have a crash eminent. follow me on the twitcher, watch for yourself, ill be streaming this Azerbaijan thing im lookin at.
  • you know im tryin not to, feel stuff like that. in f1 that means you have a crash eminent. follow me on the twitcher, watch for yourself, ill be streaming this Azerbaijan thing im lookin at.
    What is your name on twitch? I have to download the app (I’m so outdated lol). Just out of curiosity do you know what your settings are for street effects? Just wondering if you have to turn them waaay up to feel anything on the pedals. I was really hoping to be able to feel wheel lock up (on brake) and wheel spin (on throttle)
  • i am mostly on the reccomended settings in the f1 2019 section Posted by Dom Brennan, less a lil FF. f1 2019, it is loaded up for tomorrow's festivities. hooray, i get to test my new button configure ! DroorS on twitch ,im going to stream in the 10 am eastern usa time slot!
    What is your name on twitch? I have to download the app (I’m so outdated lol). Just out of curiosity do you know what your settings are for street effects? Just wondering if you have to turn them waaay up to feel anything on the pedals. I was really hoping to be able to feel wheel lock up (on brake) and wheel spin (on throttle)
    woah, i get the vibes big time ! i went into the vibrators control screen and cranked it up for purpose of experimenting ! and yes massive pedal effects.
    edited October 2019
    so on track effect, rumble strip effect and off track effects as reccomended by fanatec are 10/15/20, in my test i maxed out the 1st 2 only as i hope to not go off track? however, im going back to the reccomended settings as i felt them being more subtle to feel better and will incrementally increase from there.
    woah, i get the vibes big time ! i went into the vibrators control screen and cranked it up for purpose of experimenting ! and yes massive pedal effects.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet :(  Have been busy with our new puppy...can't bring him into the room, the pedals make nice chew toys, lol

Which settings did you turn up?  There is:

On Track effects
    Rumble strip effects
    Off Track effects
    Wheel Damper

I haven't had a chance to try it yet :(  Have been busy with our new puppy...can't bring him into the room, the pedals make nice chew toys, lol

Which settings did you turn up?  There is:

On Track effects
    Rumble strip effects
    Off Track effects
    Wheel Damper
    so on track effect, rumble strip effect and off track effects as reccomended by fanatec are 10/15/20, in my test i maxed out the 1st 2 only as i hope to not go off track? however, im going back to the reccomended settings as i felt them being more subtle to feel better and will incrementally increase from there.
    Awesome, I'm going to try this tonight.  Thanks again Aaron.  So you got both vibration from wheel lock up (on brakes) and wheel spin (on throttle)?

Sorry for so many questions.  It's just sometimes, I can't tell if it is actually just subtly working, you know what I mean?
  • it was just a test, i sent u a link. its something that will be a "user preferences" type thing as its nothing like the dirty rally vibes.
  • it was just a test, i sent u a link. its something that will be a "user preferences" type thing as its nothing like the dirty rally vibes.
    Got tied up at work, but just went back to finish your video.  I got a kick out of the part when you paused and said "I gotta email this dude right away"

Thanks again man
  • No worries, i hope that everyone can benefit from the data.