FanaLab 1.12 available - Post feedback here!

Comments

• if Fanalab 1.08 has been working fine do you think there is any particular reason to update to 1.12?  I'm using F1 Podium Wheel (with DD1) and Clubsport V3 pedals.

I have bad luck when updating firmwares on devices so I don't want to do something that I may not be able to undo 
  • if Fanalab 1.08 has been working fine do you think there is any particular reason to update to 1.12?  I'm using F1 Podium Wheel (with DD1) and Clubsport V3 pedals.

I have bad luck when updating firmwares on devices so I don't want to do something that I may not be able to undo 
    yes. 1.12 is MILES better! Has a LOT more FlagLEDs and a LOT of fixes as you can read in the changelog.

yes. 1.12 is MILES better! Has a LOT more FlagLEDs and a LOT of fixes as you can read in the changelog.
    Thanks, do I have to update any drivers?  I have 3.45 installed already.  Or do I just overinstall the new fanalab on top of 1.08?

Once I do that, is there anything I'll need to do when connecting my DD1?  Sorry you are talking to a computer illiterate human :(

Thanks, do I have to update any drivers?  I have 3.45 installed already.  Or do I just overinstall the new fanalab on top of 1.08?

Once I do that, is there anything I'll need to do when connecting my DD1?  Sorry you are talking to a computer illiterate human :(
    Driver 345 is fine. Just Uninstall the old FanaLab version and install the new one.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited October 2019
    if Fanalab 1.08 has been working fine do you think there is any particular reason to update to 1.12?  I'm using F1 Podium Wheel (with DD1) and Clubsport V3 pedals.

Take a look at the changelog and known issues to judge if it's worth it.
  • Hi guys, just wondering if someone could tell me the location of the .pws files? Thanks.
    your Windows ID's Documents folder - C:\Users\[user id]\Documents\FanaLab

Do those items in the change log (such as flag LEDs work for the console versions of F1 2019, or just PC? I would assume that you’d need to update firmware in the DD1 base to get functionality like that? I’m just hesitant because everything is working properly now, and I’d be that guy back here on the forum saying “now my wheel isn’t detected, what do I do?” Lol
  • edited October 2019
    Hi guys, just wondering if someone could tell me the location of the .pws files? Thanks.
    Ehm, no. It's C:\users\[userID]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings and there you can find different folders with numbers which are the game folders. Inside these folders you can find the pws files you have saved in FanaLab.

Do those items in the change log (such as flag LEDs work for the console versions of F1 2019, or just PC? I would assume that you’d need to update firmware in the DD1 base to get functionality like that? I’m just hesitant because everything is working properly now, and I’d be that guy back here on the forum saying “now my wheel isn’t detected, what do I do?” Lol
    FanaLab can only be used on PC.
  • Hi guys, just wondering if someone could tell me the location of the .pws files? Thanks.
    Ehm, no. It's C:\users\[userID]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab and there you can find different folders with numbers which are the game folders. Inside these folders you can find the pws files you have saved in FanaLab.
    Not forgetting, under the tab "VIEW" make sure you have checked "HIDDEN ITEMS" or you wont find it at all :)

Maybe I put the question wrong. I know fanalab itself is only on PC, but do the flag LEDs and so forth work on PS4 after using the tuning menu in the new fanalab, or do those features only work on f1 2019 on PC. Does that make sense?

Maybe I put the question wrong. I know fanalab itself is only on PC, but do the flag LEDs and so forth work on PS4 after using the tuning menu in the new fanalab, or do those features only work on f1 2019 on PC. Does that make sense?
    Everything which is not the Tuning Menu you save in FanaLab is only saved by FanaLab in a pws file which can only be used on a pc when FanaLab is actively running. It is not possible to save flagleds to the Base to be used on consoles. Only things which are saved to the Base directly are the tuning menu settings, all other stuff like leds, display and vibrations is saved only in FanaLab and can't be used on console

Everything which is not the Tuning Menu you save in FanaLab is only saved by FanaLab in a pws file which can only be used on a pc when FanaLab is actively running. It is not possible to save flagleds to the Base to be used on consoles. Only things which are saved to the Base directly are the tuning menu settings, all other stuff like leds, display and vibrations is saved only in FanaLab and can't be used on console
    Ah got it. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Flag LEDs will work on PS4 if the game supports them directly though. But you won't have the adjustabillity like with FanaLab on a console. 
  • Someone could share a profile for DD1 and Iracing(Preference for GTE) :)

Thank you so much :)
  • George LynnGeorge Lynn Member
    edited October 2019
    Sorry for bothering again. Managed to have Fanalab runnig. Now I try to get Fanalab work with Project Cars 2 with my DD2 and the Porsche 918 RSR rim. All drivers up to date.
    IN Fanalab, I have all boxes set to "enabled", and I want to see the LEDs and so on. IN PC2 I set the in-game LED control to OFF as suggested in the pop up window, but still, Fanalab does not seem to have any influence on the game project cars 2.
    What am I missing here?
    One more thing, I use the DD2 in the CSW 2.5 comp modus (no other way in pc2 to run it). Does this work at all in the 2.5 comp modus?
    Help highliy appreciated. Thanks!`

In other words: where is the "on" button?

Ehm, no. It's C:\users\[userID]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings and there you can find different folders with numbers which are the game folders. Inside these folders you can find the pws files you have saved in FanaLab.
    Thanks for Maurice and Daniel.
  • George LynnGeorge Lynn Member
    edited October 2019
    Please check my post above.

Let me just re-check: does ANYONE use Fanalab with DD2 (or DD1) and Project Cars 2?
    Does it work for you?

UDATE: Fanalab works, but the LEDs don´t work in PC2.
    I set in-game LEDs to OFF, all boxes in Fanalab checked, but neither LEDs nor gear changes are being indicated.

I tried this in ACC and ACC wors fine. Is this an PC2 issue? Can anyone tell? Would be really nice to use the LED finction of Fanalab...
  • After installing FL it say "please install fanatec drivers"? I have drivers(now 347) installed, as I have had F drivers installed last 10 years or so.
  • After installing FL it say "please install fanatec drivers"? I have drivers(now 347) installed, as I have had F drivers installed last 10 years or so.
    You need to have installed both FanaLab and the driver to their default installation paths in the C drive. If you have them installed anywhere else then FanaLab can't see the driver and says you need to install a driver.
  • Please check my post above.

Let me just re-check: does ANYONE use Fanalab with DD2 (or DD1) and Project Cars 2?
    Does it work for you?

I set in-game LEDs to OFF, all boxes in Fanalab checked, but neither LEDs nor gear changes are being indicated.

I tried this in ACC and ACC wors fine. Is this an PC2 issue? Can anyone tell? Would be really nice to use the LED finction of Fanalab...
    Do you have the Shared Memory enabled in the pC2 settings? Working perfectly fine for me, even in Compatibility Mode.
    You need to have installed both FanaLab and the driver to their default installation paths in the C drive. If you have them installed anywhere else then FanaLab can't see the driver and says you need to install a driver.
    OK, but hopefully this will be fixed. I don't install anything to c if its avoidable. So this is no go until that.
    OK, but hopefully this will be fixed. I don't install anything to c if its avoidable. So this is no go until that.
    It wont slow down your Computer and it wont take big space on your C drive so just install it on C and enjoy the much better new version 1.12 until maybe this will be changed in the future.
  • Please check my post above.

Does it work for you?

Do you have the Shared Memory enabled in the pC2 settings? Working perfectly fine for me, even in Compatibility Mode.
    All works FINE now. It was the shared memory. Thank you!
    Great service!
  • I'm having another problem with Fanalab. After roughly 30 minutes of driving Fanalab de-sycronize with the game and starts sending me input for leds and pedals with an annoying delay. To syncronize again I have to quit the game, quit Fanalab and open everything again. After this for other 30 minutes it's ok and then same story. Anyone having the same problem?
  • I'm having another problem with Fanalab. After roughly 30 minutes of driving Fanalab de-sycronize with the game and starts sending me input for leds and pedals with an annoying delay. To syncronize again I have to quit the game, quit Fanalab and open everything again. After this for other 30 minutes it's ok and then same story. Anyone having the same problem?
    Unfortunately that is a known issue. However, looks good that this delay issue is fixed in the next public version.
    Unfortunately that is a known issue. However, looks good that this delay issue is fixed in the next public version.
    Thank you for reassuring me! Because the improvements of the LEDs is amazing but it is annoying to stop the game once in a while and start again!
  • Hey Maurice,

Do you think you could make a topic like the firmware topic that I follow so I'm alerted on updates with your profiles you make for Fanalabs? You've done a really good job and honestly I do not visit these forums unless there is firmware updates or issues I'm having so the email subscriptions really come in handy. I would love to follow your profile updates as Fanalabs develops.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport F1 2018
    Driver Version: 345
    Base FW Version: 662
    Wheel FW Version: 28

Issue:  Fanalab 1.12 crashes using Formula Renault 3.5 in iRacing.  I can recreate this defect consistently.
  • One more thing:
    why don´t we have a forum to save setttings files for various sims and cars? Now that we have the opportunity to save settings, it would be good to exchange.

Or did I miss a link somewhere?
This discussion has been closed.