FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited February 2022 in FanaLab
Hello FanaLab users, here you can share your favorite profiles. I know some of you have already a big collection of car specific profiles for a couple of sims so now you have a proper place to share them. Please keep it structured and informative like in the example below. Please read through this post before uploading or downloading any profiles.

Everytime you post profiles, include at least the following information:

Simulation: "ACC", "iR", "rF2" ...
Car(s) or car type: "Ferrari 488 GTE", "GT3s", ...
Settings included: "Tuning Menu", "Vibration", "LED", ...
Hardware used: "DD2", "Formula V2", ... 

Tips:
  • Be aware that you can always choose which settings of a profile you want to load, because you might not want all types of settings a profile contains. For example you might be very happy with your FFB settings already or the profile you've downloaded contains settings for a different wheel base. In that case you only want to load the LED and vibration settings for example. You can do that like this: 
    1. You load your favorite FFB profile first.
    2. Then you use the check boxes next to the load/save buttons to select only the settings you want to overwrite your profile with. 
    3. Load the car specific setup.
    4. Then you save it again with all check boxes anabled. 
    5. Now you have combined your favorite FFB settings from before with the new LED and vibration settings you've downloaded. 
  • You can export and import single settings by using the buttons on the profile page. If you want to share lots of settings at once and you don't want to export each one separately, you can find all your already saved profiles in this folder: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings
  • You can like posts if you where happy with those profiles, that way others see whats the good stuff ;-)

Because of requests I'll link here the profiles of Maurice Böschen so they are easier to find. Thanks to Maurice for providing them!

Latest profiles of Maurice

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/79101/#Comment_79101

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Update:
    New settings: https://admin.forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/73118/#Comment_73118

Old Post:

Simulation: ACC

Cars: EVERY car of the game

Settings included: Tuning Menu, Dynamic Damping, Vibration, LED

Hardware used: DD2 with Formula v2

This package contains profiles for EVERY car in ACC (including the 6 new cars of the v1.1 update) with 100% matching LEDs. I adjusted the Pit RevLEDs and Pit FlagLEDs to what the in game car uses when you engage the Pit Limiter. I adjusted the RPM RevLEDs to match the in game car LEDs with 100% accuracy in color, direction and % when the LEDs light up as well as the LED flashing point (shift point is also set as RevLimiter Pedal and Wheel vibration - to enable you have to increase Shock in the Tuning Menu which is disabled by default in these profiles). Finally I adjusted the Wheel Spin, Wheel Lock, ABS and TC FlagLEDs for cars which have some kind of visual notification when either the tires are spinning or locking or the ABS or TC is kicking in. 

I also adjusted the FFB to my liking, set-up with a DD2 so if you use a different Wheel Base you might wanna change these settings (for example when in the profile the FF is saved as 66 = 16,5Nm Max Peak you would have to increase the FF to 83 on a DD1 to get the same Max Peak force). Synced to the FFB of the Tuning Menu I have also set-up the Dynamic Damping individually for every car to not get oscillations on straights.

In the package you will find two folders: One named "Motor FW v30" and another named "Motor FW v34". This is because the Motor FW v34 for the DD Bases, which was introduced with the Driver 347, has some "bad FFB noise" according to the known issue list as this was reported by a lot of users. To get rid of this the FEI needed to be reduced from 90 to 70. So if you are a DD user you should take the files from the folder of the Firmware version you have installed.

In Game FFB settings: 
    Gain: 60%
    Minimum Force: 0%
    Dynamic Damping: 0%
    Road Effects: 0%
    Frequency: 333Hz
    Steer Lock: 1070°
    Ster Linearity: 1.00
    Brake Gamma: 1.00
    Gearshift Debouncing: 50ms

I hope you like the profiles, especially the LED stuff was a LOT of work to get it perfect.. ;)
    ACC.rar 61.7K
  • edited October 2019
    Simulation: F1 2019

Cars: EVERY car of the game

Settings included: Tuning Menu, Vibration, LED

Hardware used: DD2 with Formula v2

This package contains profiles for EVERY car in F1 2019 (including Classic Cars) with 100% matching LEDs. I adjusted the RPM RevLEDs to match the in game car LEDs with 100% accuracy in color and % when the LEDs light up as well as the LED flashing point (shift point is also set as RevLimiter Pedal and Wheel vibration - to enable you have to increase Shock in the Tuning Menu which is disabled by default in these profiles). Finally I adjusted the DRS FlagLEDs to better match the different in game DRS LED implementation as every car uses different LEDs..

I also adjusted the FFB to my liking, set-up with a DD2 so if you use a different Wheel Base you might wanna change these settings (for example when in the profile the FF is saved as 70 = 17,5Nm Max Peak you would have to increase the FF to 88 on a DD1 to get the same Max Peak force). 

In the package you will find two folders: One named "Motor FW v30" and another named "Motor FW v34". This is because the Motor FW v34 for the DD Bases, which was introduced with the Driver 347, has some "bad FFB noise" according to the known issue list which was reported by a lot of users. To get rid of this the FEI needed to be reduced. So if you are a DD user you should take the files from the folder of the Firmware version you have installed.

In Game FFB settings:
    Strength of vibration and FFB: 55
    Road Effects: 15
    Curb Effects: 50
    Off-Track Effects: 15
    Damping: 0
    Understeer enhancement: OFF

I hope you like the profiles, especially the LED stuff was a LOT of work to get it perfect.. ;)
  • edited October 2019
    Simulation: iRacing

Cars: 25 of my favorite cars, including the follwing: 
    Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, Audi R8 LMS, Audi RS 3 LMS, BMW M8 GTe, BMW Z4 GT3, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1, Chevrolet Corvette C7 DP, Dallara F3, Dallara IR18, Ferrari 488 GT3, Ferrari 488 GTE, Ford Mustang FR500S, Formula Renault 2.0, Formula Renault 3.5, HDP ARX-01c, Mazda MX5 Cup, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, McLaren MP4-30, Mercedes AMG GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Porsche 911 RSR, Porsche 919, Radical SR8, Skippy

Settings included: Tuning Menu, Dynamic Damping, Vibration, LED

Hardware used: DD2 with Formula v2

This package contains profiles for 25 of my favorite cars of iRacing with 100% matching LEDs. I adjusted the RPM RevLEDs to match the in game car LEDs with 100% accuracy in color, direction and % when the LEDs light up as well as the LED flashing point (shift point is also set as RevLimiter Pedal and Wheel vibration - to enable you have to increase Shock in the Tuning Menu which is disabled by default in these profiles). Unfortunately iRacing doesnt support any FlagLEDs other than Pit FlagLEDs which I have also adjusted for every car to match what the in game car uses when you engage the Pit Limiter or when you are in the Pitlane.

I also adjusted the FFB to my liking, set-up with a DD2 so if you use a different Wheel Base you might wanna change these settings (for example when in the profile the FF is saved as 70 = 17,5Nm Max Peak you would have to increase the FF to 88 on a DD1 to get the same Max Peak force). Synced to the FFB of the Tuning Menu I have also set-up the Dynamic Damping individually for every car to not get oscillations on straights.

In the package you will find two folders: One named "Motor FW v30" and another named "Motor FW v34". This is because the Motor FW v34 for the DD Bases, which was introduced with the Driver 347, has some "bad FFB noise" according to the known issue list which was reported by a lot of users. To get rid of this the FEI needed to be reduced. So if you are a DD user you should take the files from the folder of the Firmware version you have installed.

In the name of the profiles you can find the in Game FFB values as they differ from car to car (make sure to check the checkbox to use individual settings for each car in iRacing!). The first value in the name of the profile is the Max Force and the second value in the name of the profile is the Wheel Force which is equal to the Max Peak of the Tuning Menu FF setting.

• Hi Maurice ,

For ACC 1.1 and for base v2.5 driver 347 with FW 22

how can adjust the profiles ?
  • edited October 2019
    Thanks a lot Maurice.
    How can I adjust for my V2.5 in iR?
  • As described in the First Post you may want to load only specific things of the profiles like vibration and LED settings when you use a different base to use your own FFB settings. General tip for anything different than DD bases: set the FF in the Tuning Menu to 100 and adjust in Game to what you like and to a value which is not Clipping.
  • @Maurice danke für deine Arbeit
  • Will try that. Thanks Maurice. Oli
  • edited October 2019
    @ Mauric
    Thanks for your iracing profile, but when i tried the Formula 3 profile, the REV LED on my formula v2 didn't light up in game, after that i was checked the profile, i find that all the REV LED RPM % are set to 100%, is it correct setting or need to reduce to low % e.g 9x% ?
    BTW, are you SimRacer925 in ACC forum ? 
  • edited October 2019
    @ Mauric
    Thanks for your iracing profile, but when i tried the Formula 3 profile, the REV LED on my formula f1 wheel didn't light up in game, after that i was checked the profile, i see all the REV LED RPM % were set to 100%, is it correct setting or need to reduce to low % e.g 9x% ?

Thats obviously not correct. Its an issue of the current FanaLab version which only a very few users have. 
    Please open the pws file and search for the RPM LED lines. You can find the correct values there. For some strange reason FanaLab isnt loading them properly for some users and it shows every LED with 100% which of course makes no sense. Just enter the values from the pws file in FanaLab itself, save the profile and then FanaLab will store them correctly.
  • edited November 2019

@Maurice, thank you for all your profiles. I'm working out how to use them and it seems like the LEDs are all set to 100% in some profile and randomly in others. Have I used the wrong driver version or is something else going on here? Its probably me making a noob error.

Also after changing them to be staggered it seems like there are competing signals coming through to my Podium F1 PS4. It alternates between the default lights and the set colours and %throttles.

• Hi.

Unfortunately this is a nasty bug in FanaLab itself.

You can Workaround this by opening the pws file with Notepad/Editor, look for the RPM LED values, enter them in FanaLab and overwrite the profile.

We hope to have this solved with the next FanaLab version.

• Thank you Maurice. Not a small amount of effort but much less than the effort you put in to create them.

I have done this for a profile I am currently racing (Ferrari 488 GT3 in iRacing) and it works in the most part. However, default LED profile looks to be sending a signal in the back ground and blue is flashing though instead of yellow every now and again. Is this part of that bug?

Thanks again. I look forward to the update and more information about the dashboard too.

• You need to disable the Fanatec LED setting on iRacing, otherwise you get both FanaLab and native in Game leds which will interfere with each other.

• Noob error! I thought as much. Thank you so much Maurice. Very quick and helpful responses.

Your posts have also enabled me to critically analyse my FFB settings in iRacing and I have adjusted them significantly and now how much more detail. Like a few other users in another post, I thought you must have been a massive man to be operating your FFB strength so high. After adjusting in my iRacing settings to the correct FFB strength I now use your settings in Fanalab, don't have clipping and much more detail in my wheel and can detect over over-steer, under-steer and ABS activation much more effectively. Interestingly my DD1 PS4 is auto-detecting maximum FFB at ~28nm. I assume that's because I have the DD2 motor in my DD1? Thank you again!

• Just tried the import feature of FanaLab with your F1-2019 profiles @Maurice

2 points I'd like to see improved:

• Batch import: Ability to import more than 1 profile at once.
    • When importing not start in %user%\Documents, but in the last folder the user has imported from.
  • Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited December 2019

I noticed that any numbers with a decimal won't load properly if your Windows system is set up to read period (ie: 94.6%) instead of comma (ie: 94,6%) because the files are set up with a comma. By replacing all the commas into periods, you're not just fixing the RevLed, but also other settings like [RevLimiterThreshold] or [SuspensionTravelThreshold] which can also have decimals in them. I did this to all the iRacing and ACC files, and all my files loaded perfectly.

Hope this helps others with the same issue 🙂

• I have the same issue and it's ONLY with the Formula 3 car in iRacing as well (it's with my own created profile though). Fanalab actually crashes every time that car is loaded so I think something's weird with that car. Did you manage to get it fixed?

Could anyone else in iRacing test this to confirm that profiles work with the Formula 3 (Dallara F3)? I posted about this issue already here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/36240/#Comment_36240

• this should be fixed for the next public version.

• Sorry, my brain had a mixup: it's the Formula Renault 3.5 that doesn't work (and crashes Fanalab), not the Dallara F3.

• Not a fix but a workaround that I did was to copy the profile files over the correct game folder under

<drive_letter>:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings\<game_folder>

For example, game folder "5_0" for me is iRacing.

All the profiles will now appear under Game Profile for that game. All that's left is to load and save the ones you'll be using.

Hope this helps 😊

• what driver should i be using for my v2.5? also i used Fanaleds be fanalab came along and now im confused on which is better as i struggle to understand half the settings :(

• What is the current state of this software? Last time I tried it a month or two ago it was pretty buggy. I uninstalled it and wanted to wait.

• Version 1.23 was released a few days ago with a lot of fixes.

• Ok thanks I will give it a try soon. Want to get comfortable with the new firmware first that just released. Test it before i add some more software to the mix

• @maurice böschen

Profiles for ACC...

What is supposed to be set for ACC on "SEN"? Auto or 1080 like is on recommend settings?

Thanks.

• I always use Auto.

• Auto os limiting my wheel to 360° any idea why? I've set 1070 like you recommend on game.

• Nevermind...

After restart everything back to normal, Auto is giving 1080.

Thanks...