Being charged VAT in US store?

It seems the cart is not removing the VAT for USA orders? CSW Wheel base v 2.5 says $550 inc VAT, but the final price when checking out is that plus shipping. Shouldn't VAT be removed for USA orders?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

The sales team are aware and should be sorted soon. Please contact the sales team regarding your order to make sure your are charged the correct sales tax.

• Are there any updates on this? I am still seeing this issue, and am delaying my purchase until this is resolved.

• In the top right corner of the website, with the items I intend to purchase in my cart, the total is displayed as $2092.22. When I click on this, it shows a Subtotal amount of $2489.75 "incl. VAT." When I proceed to checkout, the sum is $2489.75 with $28.95 shipping costs added. The "Total amount without VAT" is then listed as $2518.70. This implies that VAT is not being removed. If I am in the US, and items are being shipped from a California warehouse, why am I being charged 19% VAT? $2092.22 * 0.19 = ~$397.53 (rounding up). $2092.22 + $397.53 = $2489.75. Even if shipping from an EU country where VAT is charged, it should be excluded if shipped to the US, as has been the case with every other international order from an EU country I have made, with other companies.

I tried calling the Fanatec/Endor support number yesterday morning (local; afternoon CET) during their operating hours. After choosing '1' for sales support, I got hold music for exactly 30 seconds, prior to a message saying I should request support online instead, and my call getting disconnected.

At this point, I have lost confidence spending more than $2k USD with a company that seems to have no desire to provide pre-sales support over such a gross issue. Image I actually have issues receiving the product or issues with the product itself. In general, most the post-sales support is worse than pre-sales from most companies. My project is still on hold and getting delayed due to this issue.

• Maxx ZimonickMaxx Zimonick Member
    edited January 2020

Having the same issue. This is something that should be fixed ASAP. Fire whoever does your website sales.

If this doesn’t get resolved I’ll have to purchase from your competitors. Have a good day :)

• I gave up.

• I am interested in a Fanatec bundle that includes wheel, pedals, shifter, but can't get anyone from Fanatec to respond to an email. I would love to talk to them directly, but that seems out of the question. I am also concerned that if their pre-sale interest is this low, I can only image never being able to get hold of them after a purchase. I am about ready to give up and look at Thrustmaster products instead. Once again, can't speak directly to them, only email and hope they answer. Does anyone know anything about their products or know where you can get them in the US?