Black Friday Shifter Not Shifting Correctly

My setup is the Black Friday shifter offered November of 2019 with the USB standalone adapter. To start off this discussion, YES I have calibrated it in the Fanatec software, and YES I have mapped it in-game correctly.

I have had some mis-shifts in the beginning, every now and then and thought nothing of it. Now recently, it has been much worse. Worse to about 90% of the time it does not shift correctly and throws it into some random gear that I am clearly not in.

In the Fanatec software trying to see what the issue was, I tested it by shifting between 5th and 6th gears quickly and ONLY between those gears. The gears it registers? 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th. I used 5th and 6th as an example, but it has the same thing with every shift. Is there any way to fix this, or does this seem to be a defect? Note I have calibrated friends shifters before without issue.

I tried contacting support and I have not received a response to my struggles.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Hi Gavin,

I assumed you have it plugged directly to the wheelbase? Can you verify that the resistance is not too loose. In the beginning I used to run it quite loose and would get mis shifts until I tightened it up.

Also try some compressed air.