Project CARS 2 (PS4) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited August 2021 in Project CARS
General Notes:

- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Project CARS 2 (PS4). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Project CARS 2 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ -> Comp PS4 Mode required
(Firmware v651 or newer is needed)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 16
NIN 0
INT 6
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

*SPR only affects the wheel centering in the menu. DPR values have no effect.

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Note: select ClubSport V2 base before running steering calibration
Flavour: Raw**
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 50
FX: 50

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

*SPR only affects the wheel centering in the menu. DPR values have no effect.

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Flavour: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 50
FX: 50

Comments

• My ps4 podium wheel keeps disconnecting in project cars 2 every 10 secs. Works fine in gts. Any one have any ideas. When i go into options to try to change the wheel i can't make changes.

• do you have the base in PS4 comp mode? PS4 mode is not working with PC2...

• hey fanatec

can we get an update for the csl elite for ps4 like for the DD2 base?

so i can use my formula v2 wheel with the game?!?!?!?

• What kind of update? DD2 is not compatible with PS4. And the formula v2 should work on any existing PS4 compatible base. Only issue not all buttons are supported due to a limitation on consoles...

• Hi @Dominic

Any chance that we get an update on recommended settings here now that several new values and LIN is suggested to be ON?

Thanks! Loving the DD1

• Hello @Dominic Brennan,

CSL DD Pro is not recognized on PS4 (using GT Pro wheel). I have tried all of the compatibility profiles and it only says "controller disconnected".

Thanks!

• Sven BarkSven Bark Member
    edited February 2022

Hardware :

- PS4 Pro-

- Fanatec GT DD Pro Bundle (5nm)

Is the GT DD Pro not compatible with Project Cars 2 on PS4? I tried it in PS4/5 mode. Here 

the wheel doesn't work at all.

In PS4 compatibility mode. The buttons and the stick for the menu control work. But the pedals 

are not recognized and the game reports every few seconds that the controller has been disconnected.

It would be a shame if that didn't work, that's the game I play the most and why I bought the Fanatec 

and switched from my Logitech G29.

It would be nice if there was a solution here.

Sven

• Hey Sven, I run a PS4 standard with the GT DD Pro (plus Load Cell Brake) and had those issues to begin with but it eventually started working.

I managed to do a firmware update and then the L2/R2 buttons started playing havoc in the tune up menus. After a reboot of the PS4, it seems to have settled down.

Is your firmware up to date and have you calibrated it via the PC config application?

• Ii had the same problem with disconnecting repeatedly.

Quit the game and put the wheel base in to comparability mode (purple) and restart game.

It works...yay ...only broblem is navaging the settings menu it keeps flicking from one option to another.

Jumped in to a race had a big crash and oh my god the throttle vibration motor was going like the clappers and so was the brake :-)

It sees the base as a CSL wheel base but works great

• What wheel settings are people using for the GT DD Pro? Looking for a good base to tweak from

• Hallo,

ich bräuchte die Einstellungen für die PS5 und das DD Pro und Project Cars.

Wäre super wenn da einer helfen könnte.

mfg

Hello,

I need the settings for the PS5 and the DD Pro and Project Cars.

Would be great if someone could help.Thx