F1 2019/2020/2021 (PS4) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Well, the flag LEDs of F1-2019 LE seem to work on F1 2019. At least that's something :) :)
  • Well, the flag LEDs of F1-2019 LE seem to work on F1 2019. At least that's something :) :)
    Well, i thought the same but as im already testing the wheel in the game it doesnt seem to work :/
  • SOZON SOROKOSSOZON SOROKOS Member
    edited July 2019
    Any suggestion for ABS and BRF , with abs on in game and one suggestion , with off abs in game... Thanks in advance
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Can we have a statement from a Fanatec representative about the missing functionality of the F1-2019 and similar wheels in F1 2019?
    Thanks 
    If you want to know about the missing functionality, you need to contact Codemasters, as they are the ones responsible for implementing the SDK provided by Fanatec. All Fanatec can do is give developers the tools to implement new functionality. If Codemasters chooses not to use the SDK, then there's nothing Fanatec can do about that.
    This is understood.
    On the other side one would assume that the with the close relationship between CM and Fanatec ( you see the Fanatec adds on every other corner in the game ), Fanatec would have something to say about this.
    We are of course in direct communication with Codemasters, and they are aware of the missing features, but there is no ETA on when these features could arrive.
  • Can we have a statement from a Fanatec representative about the missing functionality of the F1-2019 and similar wheels in F1 2019?
    Thanks 
    If you want to know about the missing functionality, you need to contact Codemasters, as they are the ones responsible for implementing the SDK provided by Fanatec. All Fanatec can do is give developers the tools to implement new functionality. If Codemasters chooses not to use the SDK, then there's nothing Fanatec can do about that.
    This is understood.
    On the other side one would assume that the with the close relationship between CM and Fanatec ( you see the Fanatec adds on every other corner in the game ), Fanatec would have something to say about this.
    We are of course in direct communication with Codemasters, and they are aware of the missing features, but there is no ETA on when these features could arrive.
    ETA should have been a year ago after the release of f1 2018. You can't tell me that they need more then a year to implement those buttons for PS4. Like a said what if you bought the DD for the Ps4. Including pedals you are at almost 2000 euro and then those buttons do not work?!?! That's not acceptable and also bad publicity. Or is it a trick to boost the PC industry? Either way it should be fixed ASAP. So common fanatec......push harder towards CM and let them fix it!!
  • Hello, what would be the settings for DD2 on PC?
  • Hello, what would be the settings for DD2 on PC?
    Check the thread below this one titled: F1 2019 (PC)- Recommended Settings. This is where you’ll find the PC settings which include the DD2. This is for PS4 only.
  • Any suggestion for ABS and BRF on CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™ with loadcell? With abs on in game
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    FYI: For some reason if you want to have Brake/Throttle Vibration with the CSP V3 working in F1 2019, you need to have Traction Control and ABS turned on. In case anyone was wondering if pedal vibration was working or not.
  • Hi Am I doing something wrong or is the clubsport H shifter not supported in game? Been trying to get it to work racing the classic f1'es. Please help, thx
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited July 2019
    FYI: For some reason if you want to have Brake/Throttle Vibration with the CSP V3 working in F1 2019, you need to have Traction Control and ABS turned on. In case anyone was wondering if pedal vibration was working or not.
    Hmm , i dont do that, i have a different way and have to do it for all titles. I linked a tutorial from my youtube on the gtsport thread . Here it is again
  • Can we have a statement from a Fanatec representative about the missing functionality of the F1-2019 and similar wheels in F1 2019?
    Thanks 
    This is understood.

Hi Fanatec any News from the missing Features?
    Thanks 
    This is understood.

I’m not from Fanatec but I’ve been following this issue since the F1 2018 LE rim was shipped to me on New Years Eve. About 2 weeks ago a moderator from Codies (Faya) announced on a discussion we were having about this on their forum. It said Codemasters was aware of the new rim features, but they didn’t receive the new rim and/or SDK (she wasn’t specific) in time for its inclusion in F1 2019. Also she said they would not be able to patch the features into the current game. Nothing was said about the inclusion in the 2020 game at that time. I know I was pretty bummed June 25th when 2019 came out and the features weren’t supported. Especially after Codies made that YouTube video showing them testing F1 2019 with a Podium DD PS4 base and included Blue F1 rim with them saying how instrumental it was in dialing in the FFB. I guess they were just talking about the DD base. I guess we’ve got to hope for 2020, but I’m sorta doubtful unless some how either Microsoft changes their stance on having more programable buttons than what are in the Xbox controller or both release their new consoles early (Christmas 2019 would probably be the cutoff to have the game be on the next gen console) and they allow more buttons to be programmed than on the controller. Also I hope Sony goes along with Microsoft in allowing wheels from this gen to be usable on the next gen unlike when the PS4 and XB1 came out and everyone had to upgrade wheels. Also hopefully I’ll be playing on PC by then and not even have to worry about that to begin with. I’m just a little nervous about how finicky the game/s can be to get set up and running smooth on PC.
  • Why is Force Feedback like butter?

Fanatec DD PS4 + F1 2019 PS4

Steering is just not direct, no matter what I do at the base.
    Everything is so dampened

• Any idea?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Yes! An update arrived yesterday, improving encoder support and Advanced Paddle Module support.

Why is Force Feedback like butter?

Fanatec DD PS4 + F1 2019 PS4

Steering is just not direct, no matter what I do at the base.
    Everything is so dampened

The most 'direct' feeling can be achieved if you reduce NDP and NFR settings, and if you reduce the in-game wheel damper setting. All of these settins can be run at zero if you wish, but this increases the potential for oscillation at high speed. If you keep a good hold of the wheel while you are driving, it shouldn't be a problem. Raising the FF strength will also improve response, and you might prefer to run 'On Track Effects' at a higher setting. The combination of all these things should help.
  • F1 2019 and CSL Elite+ PS4 I set the DRI to OFF for a session and now I can't set it back to a negative setting. 1 to 5 are fine but no -5 to -1.

DRI is OFF in all Presets 1 through 5. DRI stays OFF in GT Sport too. Has anyone come across this problem?
  • My Podium F1 PS4 doesn't work at all with F1 2019 or PC2. Only works with GT Sport and AC, really frustrating and I've tried all modes! It gets to the game and then it doesn't recognizr the base or the wheel unless I press the PS button. Firmware update etc etc but can't figure it out. Any ideas? I'm running PS4 Pro
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited September 2019
    ,im sure u have, but try starting in the correct mode , then be patient and keep trying, mine doesn't seem to do the same thing twice anymore, unless i establish connection with the game from rest after i follow the video instructions i posted. But other than that im waiting for 1.10 and crossing my fingers for better results v344 and so on because i dont have the #s in front of me.
  • Hi Am I doing something wrong or is the clubsport H shifter not supported in game? Been trying to get it to work racing the classic f1'es. Please help, thx
    Following weeks of trying to figure this out myself. I finally sorted it out! You have to have game running. For example have one of the classic cars on track. Pause. Select options- FFB etc- select wheel you are using- Edit- change paddle clutch to pedal clutch- then re bind all your manual gears and assign as you would on Fanatec wheel. If you have already done this DO IT AGAIN! Then change gears to manual + assigned. And away you go! I must say I was elated when I figured it out, as I too thought that maybe the H shifter wasn’t supported.
  • Sorry. I meant manual+suggested!
  • Andrea FareriAndrea Fareri Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi guys. I tried fanatec recommended settings (on ps4 with fanatec podium f1 racing wheel). I think kerbs and track effects are too low. But the real problem is that the steering wheel is too heavy while driving. F1 CARS have servo assisted steering wheels. It makes easy to rotate the wheel, so you can make fast correction. Is there a way to improve effects without making the steering wheel heavier? Thanks
  • I'm just searching for some suggestions. I have read the manual. But I can't find the right settings. I noticed that decreasing ff and increasing kerb and track effects improve the realism. Any suggestion?
  • Sascha FrankeSascha Franke Member
    edited March 2020

Force feedback in F1 2019 ( Fanatec DD + PS4pro ) online lobbies is not as good as offline.

What can that be?

• How can I set SEN 360 on CSL F1 PS4? It does allow me Max 108.....

• Ah..just noticed. 108 stands for 1080...so setting 36 will be 360 I guess.

• can you use the settings on the f1 2020 game?

• can you use the settings on the f1 2020 game?

• hi which ffb should you run on the f1 2020 game are these the ones to use? with ffb 45? is ffb 45 the best ffb?

• Are these settings also recommended for the PS5 version of F1 2021? The title only says PS4.