DIRT 5 wheel support

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

We're receiving some questions about Fanatec hardware and DIRT 5. At the moment, wheel support on Xbox is disabled, and PlayStation and PC support is limited. Codemasters are working on a major update to address this, due to roll out by the end of November.

Further details available here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1038250/discussions/0/3004424478064497510

[Fanatec Community Manager]

Comments

• there are the update notes and it does not work for ps5. how sad I am.

I thought it would work with fanatec on ps5 since I can turn the wheel and the pedals work

• dirt 5 ps4 pro, before update 2,0 i cut drive with my fanatec wheel , without FF. now nothing works 😫 really bad

• I have tried several times in the past days / weeks to write something on the topic, but I always get the message that my post has to be approved by a moderator. Apparently no moderator does this, so my comments are not visible here.

In the meantime I asked an employee of Codemasters (Chris Groves) in the official Discord Channel when Fanatec Wheels will be supported in the PS5 version of DiRT 5.

Here is his answer:

"no exact date on this yet, but we're aiming to include more support and optimizations for wheels in each update. We're working with Fanatec to get this implemented ASAP and I'll highlight it in patch notes"

@Dominic Brennan

Can you confirm that Fanatec is working with Codemasters on the problem?

Do you know why the Xbox One and the Xbox Series consoles are already supported, but the PS4 / PS5 are not yet?

• Still no support for CSL Elite on PS4/5

😥

• I don't understand. I'm playing Dirt 5 on PS4 pro with CSL ELITE. In compatibility mode it works ok.

• the ffb is very weak in violet compatibility mode on ps5. you can turn the steering wheel but the force is almost zero

• Hi Mark

could you tell us what do you do to work in compatibility mode?

I'm doing this, but it is not working.

1- CSL elite in PS4 mode and I start PS4 pro. Press PS button to activate wheel. Enable PS4 remote control too

2- Press Mode button to change to compatibility mode (yellow light). Wheel buttons doesn't work anymore, so I use the PS4 remote control to start DIRT5

3- Using PS4 remote control in DIRT5 go to settings but steering wheel is not detected.

How do you do in your side?

Thanks.

• HI Mariano, I think the problem is you're not holding the mode button for long enough. Hold it until it turns purple, then press the PS button, now the game should see the wheel as a Logitech G29. In game setting left as default, SEN 54 (540) SPR 50 FEI 50 the rest is personal pref

• edited March 2021

Hi Mark

I already done. I had to press the button for longer time.

Not It world.

thanks

• Update 4.0 of Dirt 5 was released today.

Unfortunately Fanatec Wheels are still not supported in the PS4/PS5 versions. :-(

I asked Chris Groves from Codemasters again on the official Discord Channel:

After the beginning of the year DiRT 5 Update 2.0 was released, I asked you in the channel when Fanatec Wheels will be supported in the PS5 version. I got the answer "we're aiming to include more support and optimizations for wheels in each update. We're working with Fanatec to get this implemented ASAP and I'll highlight it in patch notes."

In the meantime the update 3.0 to 4.0 was released. Unfortunately Fanatec Wheels are still not supported in the PS4/PS5 versions. Fanatec Wheels are supported on the Xbox Series S/X since the update 2.0

I wonder what is the problem on the PlayStation systems?

his answer was unfortunately not very informative:

Indeed We've continued to add further support in each of those updates, but we'd still like to do more, including Fanatec support on PS. Some additions and changes are simpler/quicker than others. As always, key wheel support updates will be included in patch notes

maybe someone from Fanatec can answer the question why it was so much easier for Codemasteres to support Fanatec Wheels on the Xbox Series S/X and it seems to be much more complex on the PS4/PS5?

• Is CodeMasters working with Fanatec?

Another patch, and they managed to break what small sliver of support was working completely. No buttons or shifters map, steering doesn't work, e-brake doesn't work. They banned me from Discord for complaining and asking for a fix repeatedly.

I don't think they're doing anything with Fanatec directly.

Can Fanatec confirm?

• Hi all,

Dirt 5 PS5, is there support for the GT DD PRO yet? struggling to find any info anywhere.

Thanks

• Heya Dean,

Are you just wondering if it works on PS5? I'm able to play Dirt 5 on the GT DD Pro with Sequential Shifter on Purple Mode. I'm not sure if it also works in Blue Mode because it's working as-is lol but yeah works just fine. I used a default profile on the GT wheel and it was a lot of fun and felt nice, but a large round wheel feels almost necessary for Dirt 5. Using the GT wheel the default FFB on the 8nm was really intense because I would frequently have only one hand on the wheel. Might be better with gloves, but yeah definitely going to lower the FFB.