DiRT Rally (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited June 2019 in DiRT
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for DiRT Rally (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that DiRT Rally uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and surfaces, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Feedback: On
Self Aligning Torque: 70
Wheel Friction: 0
Tyre Friction: 35
Suspension: 70
Tyre Slip: 0
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 50
Steering Center Force: 50

Podium Wheel Base DD2 (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 002
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 003
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Self Aligning Torque: 75
Tyre Friction: 42
Suspension: 75

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

In-Game Settings:
Self Aligning Torque: 75
Tyre Friction: 42
Suspension: 75

Comments

• Is it normal, with the DD1 and those settings to have A LOT of oscillation ?
    Does anyone have another settings to propose ?
    Many thansk.
  • C NC N Member
    I cant calibrate the wheel  - its upside down in the middle position no matter where I start the calibration from.... Any chance you could prepare a config for DR for DD1?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Is it normal, with the DD1 and those settings to have A LOT of oscillation ?
    Does anyone have another settings to propose ?
    Many thansk.
    Hi Fabien, oscillation is somewhat unavoidable in this title without dulling the force feedback detail. I try to explain the reasons for oscillation in games in general in this thread: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/662/symptom-unwanted-wheel-oscillation

To reduce oscillation in DiRT Rally, you could run slightly higher Natural Damper and Natural Friction settings, or increase the 'Wheel Friction' in-game setting.

I cant calibrate the wheel  - its upside down in the middle position no matter where I start the calibration from.... Any chance you could prepare a config for DR for DD1?
    Are you running in V2.5 mode?
  • Thnaks Dominic for the info and answer, will try that.
  • C NC N Member

I have the dd1 with BMW rim - how do I turn it on and what does it do?
  • edited June 2019

I have the dd1 with BMW rim - how do I turn it on and what does it do?
    You change modes by the upper right red button and bottom left black button.

Whenever i quite Dirt Rally, the controller setup is removed and i have to set up everything again. Only a few of the options are saved (Force feedback options).

I am running in Comp Mode. 
    I have tried entering the settings and saving profile.
    Handbrake connected to the DD1
    Pedals connected directly to the PC.
    Launching game from PiTool

Any tips?
  • Yoeri FlossieYoeri Flossie Member
    edited June 2019
    is there a way to set the steering 1:1?
  • Whenever i quite Dirt Rally, the controller setup is removed and i have to set up everything again. Only a few of the options are saved (Force feedback options).

Any tips?

I think I've got this one for you. If it's what I think you're saying, then NEVER bind the game's pause button to the steering wheel buttons. Always leave it set to the ESC key on the keyboard. If you do that, everything should be remembered and not default to keyboard settings.
  • edited August 2019
    the V2.5 Compatibility Mode of my DD2 does not work with my configuration. In game I had two direct drive wheels but I could assing any buttons to it. But it works with in PC mode :) settings are almost the same. Fanatec's recommended settings were a bit too strong to me. I'm using the the Driver 335
  • Should this game automatically detect and assign controls to my wheel? When I go in game nothing is bound and theres no way to assign my wheel to turn left and right. If it should auto detect and assign let me know so I can try and fresh install or something.

CSW v2.5

• Same problem here, got my wheel for 3 weeks and want to try dirt rally, but i cant assign any button or pedel or steering input, someone got a fix

I am driving with a csl elite f1 base and wrc wheel

• Greetings,

New to the forums and FANATEC. I'm running on PC:

CSL Elite Wheel Base + Elite Steering Wheel WRC +Club Sport Shifter SQ V 1.5 + Club Sport Pedals V3 + Club Sport Handbrake V1.5

I've attempted to read through these forums and see a lot of people with the same issues, basically, in DiRT and Project Cars (1) The Fanatec setup above, is not being recognized, although it does work in iRacing, AC, ACC. I'm running the latest firmware, and driver packs (400 and 401) for everything.

I've read here, to run these games in compatibility mode as a solution, however, I can't seem to get into compatibility mode, from the wheel base or the wheel itself using the provided instructions, I go from PC mode (red), to PS(4) Mode (Blue)...to Green with a while light on the WRC wheel, I don't get to Purple. and the Green doesn't seem to change being recognized. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Hold your finger longer on the MODE button it should then turn purple

• Can we have an update for the CSL DD please