Suggestions for a cockpit

Hey everyone, pretty new to the sim world and after digging and digging for a fairly affordable cockpit I am stuck. I have the means to customize things(welder, drill press etc.) but am looking to get a decent cockpit(seat, stand, pedal support, shifter support, and display stand) that is fully adjustable, comfortable and ready to go with the csl elite setup i just purchased. There are a ton of choices out there and I figured I'd dig into this knowledge base before I drove myself mad with research for any recommendations anyone has.

I am willing to break out the tools, but after fighting with my printer to get the pedal set drill template I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I got it done but it was a pain in the you-know-what.

T.I.A.

Comments

• GT Omega make affordable products, that are well made.

• Checkout DOF racings sims, goodluck!

• trak racer

• TrakRacer TR80 is a great value 8020 cockpit, it includes a heap of extras like shifter mount, adjustable wheel mount, feet, etc.

I've had one for almost 12 months, it's fantastic :)

• Cheers guys, was literally coming on here to ask a similar question..

I've got Playseat Evolution, yes ok rig to start with and fairly solid for my CSW2.5, however no matter what anyone says, is not suitable for 3 pedals.. I've had to shift my brake far left for F1 left foot braking(ankle still runs on post too), but i wanna rally too and get shifter and handbrake next, but wont be able to heel/toe cause of the wheel support in middle..

Damn thing creaks like mad too, fine for me and Astro Cans on, drives Mrs E wild though so want something solid and quieter.. Is the Trak or GT quieter?

• Update..........I settled on a next level FTGT racing rig with tripple monitor stand add on and castor wheels. the seat is not super comfy nor is it easy to switch from f1 to gt stance but for the 600 i paid and how sturdy the thing is overall. its fantastic. great starting point and holds all my gear nicely. just have to get a keyboard/mouse tray and it will be complete. best part is no center bar to interfere with left foot braking and I have all the adjustment room i need for my 3 pedal set.

• I just changed over from Next Level Racing rig to the wooden rig made by Rock Solid Rigs and its excellent, affordable, well made, modular for all set ups. Hugely adjustable. Eco Friendly

• Gareth EvansGareth Evans Member
    edited March 2022

That's stunning for wooden setup Kevin, fair play. Really like that. 👌🏻

I've also finished my upgraded chassis, for now at least lol, imagine everyone's the same here, even when it's finished, it'll never be finished

Trakracer Tr8 grey, but using my old playseat seat as the colour matches the living room and wanted it to be a smart piece of bloke furniture, but in keeping with Mrs influenced room. (Honestly have taken Xmas Dec's down now lol)

Mrs has just found a Race Seat shop though, so seat will soon be changed to a fibreglass bucket, but planning something unique again to match the surroundings, not just usual black.