The new standarDD: The CSL DD

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited April 2021 in Blog

So when I made the post on April 1st, not many people thought that a product like the Podium DD 0.5 could be true but in fact, aside from the name and the picture, everything was true.

YES it costs only 349,95 € (incl. VAT) / 349,95$ (excl. VAT).

YES it comes with a carbon fibre composite axis. This increases responsiveness and acceleration a lot.

YES it comes with the patented FluxBarrier™ technology allowing exceptional efficiency.

YES it is built by robots and this increases the quality and lowers the cost.

Yes, it’s real. We had some fun for April Fools, but we have indeed developed an all-new direct-drive wheel base for €349.95. Bringing this advanced technology to the CSL Series took a little more effort than cutting a Podium base in half, that’s for sure.

This is nothing other than a complete game changer. There is little doubt that Direct Drive wheels are far superior to any belt or gear-driven wheels out there. We wanted to make this new technology available for the mass market without taking any shortcuts in quality or performance.

A key factor is the brand-new, 100% custom motor. It was developed in Germany specifically for sim racing, with patented FluxBarrier™ technology achieving remarkable efficiency for its size. The force feedback detail and performance is unlike anything else close to this price point.

Up to 8 Nm peak torque.

With the standard power supply, peak torque is 5 Nm, this is almost the level of a CSL Elite Wheel Base. But there is also the Boost Kit 180, an optional larger power supply unlocking the full 8 Nm.

The CSL DD uses an improved, automotive-grade, all-aluminium quick release. This component is user-exchangeable, ready for the transition to the all-new QR2 system (coming soon).  And of course we are working on more DDs, including PS5 licensed DDs, as well.

DD is the way to go in all our product lines.

We will ship it in Q3 this year and pre-orders will open as soon as we have a reliable shipping date.

More info

1. How do you like the CSL DD?127 votes
    1. I am totally blown away and all in. Can't wait to order it.
      59.84%
    2. I wait a bit for a DD which is between 10 Nm and 20 Nm
      23.62%
    3. I already have a Podium DD and LOVE it.
      16.54%

Comments