Brake Lock Up -iRacing

Hi all,

This may be a common theme on here but thought Id ask. I'm brand new the Fanatec world, got my V3 CSL Pedals (CSL DD and Formula2.5x wheel too) last week after years of G29 use.

I have been on iRacing for a little while and need some help with locking brakes. With the G29, I used the 75% trick in the files and it worked, however I am struggling to do the same with my new pedals.

When calibrating, I am getting the same number for the axis centre and axis match columns in the joycalib.yaml file, i.e 67355. If I change one or both numbers, nothing happens. If I delete the centre number, I have to recalibrate and same happens.

I am confused because after watching numerous youtube videos on the trick, whenever they bring up their file it only has a number next to brake max, centre is always zero.

I also tried to change the MAX brake pedal setting via Fanatec settings program, but nothing was achieved.

I am pretty new to PC and very new to Fanatec, so if any of you lovely people can help, that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi James,

I'm not familiar with the exact trick you are referring to but I'm guessing that you want to make 100% input of the brake pedal only go to 75% input in iRacing, to reduce the chance of lockups.

This is probably quite helpful for lightweight pedal sets but it shouldn't be necessary with ClubSport Pedals V3. Turning up the 'BRF' setting will make the brake require more pressure to max out. If you set this to stronger than is comfortable, it will be extremely unlikely to send 100% input to the sim unless you really intend to. I would not recommend actually limiting the max input to 75%, because there are moments where it is beneficial to brake at 100% strength (normally only for a brief moment).

[Fanatec Community Manager]