Project CARS 2 (Xbox One) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited August 2021 in Project CARS
General Notes:

- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Project CARS 2 (Xbox One). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Project CARS 2 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 16
NIN 0
INT 6
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Flavour: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 50
FX: 50

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 16
NIN 0
INT 6
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI 002
BRF User Preference

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -02
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

CSL Elite Wheel Base (V1)

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI 003
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -03
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

CSL DD

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 10
NIN 2
INT 6
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

Comments

• Hello,
    I´ve got the problem that PC2 will not accept/applicate my DD1 (with drv 335). It´s only showing the Micrsoft xbox360 Wheel.
    The Wheel and the V3 Pedals (Gas & Brake ONLY - Clutch not) are working but.
    Do somebody know about this issue or a fix?
    Thx @ all :-)
  • Hello, I have the same problem and the clutch does not work.
  • Hi, I got my DD2 yesterday and have the same problem -  no clutch either and only shows Thrustmaster as an option for the make and Xbox wheel as the model.

Dirt Rally 2.0 on xbox recognises the DD2 no problems - did anyone have any luck fixing this on Project Cars 2?
  • Hello, I have the same problem as Christopher Rees with the DD1. Shows only Thrustmaster wheel and no clutch in Project Cars 2. Google have no answere. Anybody an Idee? Reinhard Benischek
  • I dont consider this a proper solution as the fanatec wheel is still not recognised as a fanatec wheel, however full functionality can be gained by manually assigning the clutch and gears under edit assignments then recalibrating the pedals. A note though, the game lost the settings upon restart and all had to be reentered. The second time this did not happen so not sure what is happening there. Hopefully it just continues to work without having to make the assignments every time the game is loaded. Reinhard Benischek - hope this helps. Not sure if we are losing anything of the fanatec direct drive experience though given the game is not picking the make and model up. Will have to compare on PC.
  • Can't get my DD2 to do anything other than try and break my thumbs off... with this game. Works fine in F1-2018. only shows generic xbox or thrustmaser and options... and when i try and use that... the settings are so far off my wheel just hops around like it's possessed

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited May 2020

I have a Big problem with these recommended settings with DD2. With Karting, it is just impossible to drive, there are enormous shocks at already 10mph... Can't do anything except break my arms... On other cars, it is also very difficult... What's going on there...

• And I have the same problème as Ryan, my formula V2 Wheel is n'ont recognised, it says that I have a Thrustmaster base...while I have a DD2...

Is there any Fanatec support there to help us...?

• rakh1rakh1 Member

Have been playing with my DD1 and Project Cars 2 on Xbox One. I too only seem to have a pre-selected Thrustmaster option but have followed the settings suggested above. However, I note that the settings above do not include the latest settings on the current firmware (so I have guessed those).

Works ok - but I find the steering quite boaty. I really struggle to drive it consistently. Starting to wonder if I might be better off using a PC :(

/R

• The CSL DD settings posted here are undrivable, to put it lightly. Leaving the pits in the 991.2 gt3 r, the wheel was ripped from my hand - any miniscule track bump lead to uncontrollable oscillation.

• I have exactly the same problem. Have tried adjusting force effects and gain settings with little improvement. Advice from someone more adept at set ups would be appreciated.

• hi by chance did you find better settings for csl dd? you can share them Thanks

• With the 5NM power pack the recommended settings worked fine, but with the boost kit the same problems

• I actually put the DD1 settings on my CSL DD and that seemed to helped a bunch, as least with some cars. Some other cars still oscillate very badly, like the Group C cars. Anybody have any other luck with tweaking settings? I am using the 8NM version.

• Rene JacobRene Jacob Member
    edited June 2023

Hello, I recently started playing Project Cars 2 on Xbox Series X with GT DD Pro (8Nm) with a XBox licensed wheel. (what should be very identical to the CSL DD and even to playing on PC)

After some fiddling around, I found the right base settings to have fun and realistic driving.

1a.) use the CSL DD settings as recommended here with wheel in Green Xbox mode: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/656/project-cars-2-xbox-one-fanatec-recommended-settings

1b.) for 8Nm version, you will need to reduce the FF value at the wheel directly from 8 to 5Nm by setting it to 63%. This will keep the in-game settings balanced to each other.

2.) don’t worry about the basic recognized wheel which is displayed (Thrustmaster Xbox One), but take care of some other settings.

The game is older and did support other past Fanatec wheels, but is capable to recognize unsupported wheels and output DD ffb.

a) assign clutch in movement settings

b) do proper wheel calibration - first turn until 100 (%) is shown, then in second step turn back to 0 first and then turn 90 degrees. That should lead to 1080, if the settings at the wheel were set correctly. (If you set 900 at the wheel, the calibration needs to show this value.)

The game will apply per car the correct degrees. You can verify if it is correctly calibrated, if the Fanatec wheel and the wheel in cockpit view turn in sync.

c) Deadzones: only change steering minimum deadzone from 1 to 0. (people refer to changing speed sensitivity to 45 a lot, but it is not necessary or meaningful)

d) set assistant settings to authentic, which will apply traction control, abs and stability management as it would be per car in real world.

This will lead to a driving experience close to real world driving. I can compare the game and real world driving feel of the AMG C63s. And yes, some cars are just not that easy to drive and need time to adopt to.. 😉

Hope this helps and re-animates to give PC2 another try!

PS: I am using the latest public available drivers, which should be 451, I believe.