F1 22 recommended settings?

Anyone want to throw in their settings for the new game?

Comments

• There will be once the game is released.

• The game is released for everybody who pre-ordered it.

All I can say is: old settings are not feeling great with the GT DD Pro in PS5 mode.

And since I'm a horrible noob I can't build proper settings on my own...

• edited June 2022

The game is NOT released for everybody who pre-ordered it. It is ONLY available for those who pre-ordered the (very expensive) Champions Edition which gets those users 3 days early access. Regular game version is released in 3 days on Friday, 1st July (so for most users the game is currently NOT released as most people will have pre-ordered only the regular version).

• I would agree. I used my FFB settings from 2021, and it felt quite bad with the DD pro in native PS5 mode. It almost feels like it's got a huge dead zone from -15 to 15 degrees. Maybe if you put it back in compatibility mode it'll feel normal?

• I pre-ordered the Champions Edition and work permitting will try tonight. My setup is DD Pro 8nm, and also have the v2.5x. My setup is PS5, although I had limited time with F121 on PS5 as GT7 has dominated my time since getting this setup.

Look forward to trying FFB and all the v2.5x switches in PS5 compatibility mode. I do recall my brief stint with F121 was slight disappointment in not assigning all buttons, which quickly transitioned to being overwhelmed with the amount you have to process during a race :)!

• Louis PassaroLouis Passaro Member
    edited June 2022

Ahhhh forums never fail to wander into arguing about nonsensical things.

Anyone who had bought the Champions edition or maybe somehow got the game early because of connections via youtube influencer, or the like, have settings they enjoy they would like to pass along? I use the DD Pro and PS5

• I'm still trying to find settings that I'm happy with, but Tom97 on Youtube posted his personal in-game FFB settings in his latest video, if you want to use those as a reference. He does use a Thrustmaster though, so keep that in mind.

• Fanatech 8nm DD Pro

Clubsport Formula V2 (I think)

Pretty close to the same settings as 2021.

In Game:

FFB Strength - 65

On Track - 20

Rumble - 25

Off Track - 25

Wheel Damper - 0 or 1. I'm still playing with this one.

Understeer - On. Always seems personal preference.

Wheel Settings

SEN - 360

FF - 100

FFS - PEAK

NDP - 025

NFR - OFF

NIN - OFF

INT - 6 (I haven't messed with this yet so I am keeping it at 2021 settings until Fanatec drops theirs.)

FEI - 100

FOR - 100%

SPR - 100%

DPR - 100%

Remember that these 2022 cars handle very very different so comparing them to your old settings is not going to get you far. I feel like this is a good place for me to tweak from. Also remember that when you are adjusting settings do each type of setting by itself. If you go changing 4 categories at once you will have no idea what made something feel different.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• Thanks for sharing. I’m pretty bad at trying to figure out how to create a lifelike setting without causing clipping so a place to start is really helpful.

• I have tested around abit aswell, but i feel lower the rotation helped abit plus adding nfr.

And use zero in int, compared to older games 22 feels so smoothed out, remember this is an filter.

Ingame damper is wierd so what i came up with it to have it at 0 or 1

NDP: 25

NFR: 50-75

Int: 0

Sens: 320 (acualy the f1 cars feels like they turn slower in 22)

Most other settings is standard yet, the forces might be little to nasty, but i like to have some forces, but i guess might be abit to much.

But i think they shud be lowered ingame then like above one did:

• edited June 2022

They do turn slower. They are heavier, wider, and now have 18 inch low profile tires. This is the first game from this team that has new vehicle regulations. From what the actual drivers report the cars feel like they are lumbering around the track.

The force feedback at low speeds feels way weaker. Almost like dampening is off. It seems to be accurate from what drivers report.

I would caution everyone in here to not crank your dampening up because you feel like you are losing fidelity at low speeds. It won't feel the same as before because the cars couldn't be more different. Apart from the general shape and the liveries.

When playing with dampening I had started to move it way up because I felt that fidelity "hang" at low speeds. Then going into a long corner full force when my rear did slip out the wheel beat the absolute crap out of me.

• This is great, I have moved mine to

Game setting

FF 90

On track 40

Wheel Damper 0

This gives me the detail I feel I need and no clipping from what I can feel. I like a slightly heavy feeling, the oversteer feel nice and I have plenty of warning I'm pushing too hard. Thanks.

• Hi, does anyone know whats the button 4 in f1 v2 rim in this game? its f2 with a keyboard

• edited June 2022

UPDATE:

Fanatech 8nm DD Pro

Clubsport Formula V2 (I think)

In Game:

FFB Strength - OLD 65, NEW 80 (I wanted a bit more feel on the straights so I increased this and changed the INT settings. See below.

On Track - 20 (OLD) 15 (NEW)

Rumble - 25 (OLD) 20 (NEW)

Off Track - 25 (OLD) 20 (NEW)

Wheel Damper - 0

Understeer - On. Always seems personal preference.

Wheel Settings

SEN - 360

FF - 100

FFS - PEAK

NDP - 025

NFR - OFF

NIN - OFF

***INT*** 6 (OLD), 0 (NEW) - The filtering in 2021 felt needed. Switching it to 0 seems to give more "feel" on the straights. However, because there is no filtering I have turned down my on track and rumble settings to compensate. Without turning it down it felt a bit sharp.

FEI - 100

FOR - 100%

SPR - 100%

DPR - 100%

I am still playing with settings but this is going to be my default for awhile as I play around a bit more. The INT setting may not be for you. It can make some of the FFB feel pretty sharp without filtering. If you have a wheel like mine you can keep the menu open and change things like INT on the fly during a time trial and really dial it in.

Cheers.

• Are you guys using compatibility mode? I have the DD Pro and F1 22 coming on PS5

edited June 2022

The settings I’ve settled on for the moment but changes each time I play. DD Pro and PS5

I am trying to achieve a realistic feel of an F1 car. I watched a lot of Lando Norris and Charles LeClaire in 2020 on twitch. Also Driver61 and BoostedMedia give great tips on their sites about setting up FFB. Everything I have learned is an F1 car steering is 100% effortless. Requiring zero muscle to turn the wheel. All the Fanatec recommended settings, for most games, are just the opposite. Maybe getting to zero muscle to turn the wheel, with lots of track feedback is impossible with this level of equipment, but I’ve found what I like as a balance.

In game:

V&FFS 80

On Track Effects 30

Rumble 30

Off Track 20

Wheel Damper 0

Understeer off

Rotation F1 360

Rotation Supercar 900

Wheel settings:

SEN 360

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 25

NFR 0

NIN OFF

INT 0

The rest 100

• edited June 2022

Congrats on your new gear!

F1 22 works in PS4/PS5 native mode.

• Garrett are your settings for PS5 or PC? Do you think it'll make a difference?

• I am using these settings on PS5. I know F1 2021 had some differences between the two platforms but i am unsure here.

My settings seem to be a good launching point and will give you an easier time dialing in your own settings.

• Adding my settings for comparison / feedback.

Using DD Pro, 8nm, Clubsport Formula 2.5x on PS5. The base works in blue "PS5/PS4" mode, and in settings using a duplicated renamed version of the Formula v2 wheel. All buttons work, excluding the joystick which would have been ideal for panning views (I don't recall this joystick working in F1 221 in compatibility mode either).

In game:

V&FFS 80

On Track Effects 30

Rumble 30

Off Track 30

Wheel Damper 0

Understeer off

Rotation F1 360

Rotation Supercar 900

Wheel settings:

SEN 360

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 25

NFR 6

NIN OFF

INT 1

The rest 100

BRF 50 (loadcell pedal)

Is anyone else using a V2, V2.5, Podium F1 and has good button mapping example? I didn't get too far into F1 21, but looking for a decent setup recommendation (started here, but changing already https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/59882-fanatec-formula-v2-custom-button-mapping-pc/)

• hi everyone i play on pc my settings are very similar to those of 2021 i have only one problem, traction. I'll explain better I play without help but this year I don't know what to do as soon as I accelerate especially at the start the car discharges too much gas if you can say so I can't open in the right time I don't think it's a matter of training I have v3 pedal set

• Try a "Throttle Deadzone" +5, making the first tiny bit you press the throttle not register, thus giving you an easier time in SLOWLY putting on the throttle.

May be they changed the driving model, but I DOUBT IT, it feels like F1 2021, which is absurd since the cars changed Aero philosophy COMPLETELY, are MUCH HEAVIER, and overall clunkier and not as nimble as last year's cars, at least according to the drivers.

I think they just made the throttle a bit more sensitive because I noticed it too, but I might just be out of practice.

If you REALLY struggle, go to HUD Options and move the little "Throttle/Brake" bars to the center where you can see how much force you apply, and then change the settings accordingly.

• these are great settings, thank you. In fact I have also been using them in GT7 (with sensitivity AUTO) and they work really well - just need PD to fix FFB now...

• Can any of you more experienced players suggest how to translate these DD settings to a CSL Elite (in PC mode)?

I've always relied on the profiles that (come with?) Fanalab for other games, never purchased F1-21, last one I purchased was F1-20 and that profile doesn't feel great.

• Do you perhaps have any advice in regards to recommended settings for the GT DD Pro now that the game was released?

edited July 2022

I’m surprised there is no official Fanatec recommendation.

They had settings the first day GT7 was released

• I’m still using them but adjusted SEN to 340 on both.

• Did anybody read some informations about the missing recommended settings that I didnt noticed?

• I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Seems GT Sport still has the same issues it had at the launch of that game.

• These are the settings I've been running with for a very long time. Because there are still no official settings I will post these again in hopes to help any of you out there.

UPDATE:

Fanatech 8nm DD Pro

Clubsport Formula V2.5

In Game:

FFB Strength - 80

On Track - 5 (You may increase this as you wish. However, if you are racing competitively I recommend against going to high. The same applies for rumble strips)

Rumble - 10

Off Track - 0

Wheel Damper - 0

Understeer - Off. Always seems personal preference.

Wheel Settings

SEN - 360 (2520 Xbox)

FF - 100

FFS - PEAK

NDP - 025

NFR - OFF

NIN - OFF

INT - 1

FEI - 100

FOR - 100%

SPR - 100%

DPR - 100%

Once again these are subjective. I will also warn that the more you increase on track FFB the more overall FFB increases. I would recommend using these as a base. If you feel like you would like the wheel to be more stiff all the time, add a few clicks to NFR. I wouldn't recommend increasing the NDP passed 25 as it will dull the FFB overall.

I now have many many hours in the game playing Myteam and online league racing. These seem to be the best settings (for me) to provide a realistic feel but also give me the best lap times.

Cheers!