FanaLab 1.66 (Prev. Public Release) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• It's been more than 2 years since I sent the ticket, and they don't answer me in any way

• Hi Maurice, thanks for giving attention to this =)

Here is the windows log note:

Log Name:   Application

Source:    Application Error

Date:     9/29/2022 7:11:09 PM

Event ID:   1005

Task Category: (100)

Level:     Error

Keywords:   Classic

User:     N/A

Computer:   DESKTOP-GEORGETX

Description:

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PlayToDevice.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program FanaLab because of this error.

Program: FanaLab

File: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PlayToDevice.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: C000009C

Disk type: 3

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-09-30T02:11:09.0443412Z" />

<EventRecordID>22239</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-GEORGETX</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PlayToDevice.dll</Data>

<Data>FanaLab</Data>

<Data>C000009C</Data>

<Data>3</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• The custom profiles for AMS2 and ACC are excellent.

I read the PDF and feel like I'm missing how to save/load into different slots. For example, I will be in slot 4 or 5 on the DD2 and Fanalab software, but when I Load a profile, it defaults to slot 1 (or even Auto).

How do we save and Load different profiles in slot 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? It seems like it only affects slot 1.

• All my profiles are saved in Setup 1 because the Setups are irrelevant with FanaLab, so when you load it then it will always load in Setup 1. Nothing you can do against this other than loading the profile, write down the Tuning Menu settings, selecting a different Setup, adjust the Tuning Menu settings again to how they were in the loaded Setup 1, then overwrite the existing profile.

• Ok, thank you.

Other than that, is ACC the only sim with Spring turned off? I'm specifically trying to get Assetto Corsa to feel right and understand there are entirely too many cars for custom profiles.

• SPR is not used by any Sim during driving anyway. Only Forza games use SPR but Forza is not supported by FanaLab. So no difference in any game on PC if you use SPR 100 or OFF.

• Due respect, but have you tried it in a while on ACC? Whether it is an artificial effect or not I don't know, but there's a big difference in counter steer. You can feel a noticeable change between SPR 100 and 0, or even 20 and 0.

• edited October 2022

SPR is not used in AC or ACC for sure.

Edit: just tried and no difference.

• Push the car, it's very noticeable.

Just tried again, has to be Placebo. Thanks for verifying.

In ACC, it seems like on-wheel "Damper Effects Str" do nothing unless the In Game standard damper, not the dynamic damper, is set above 0. Are you recommending 50 on wheel just in case people want to increase In Game damper? It's confusing bc Aris was pretty certain that's the one you need to increase in 1.8

• edited October 2022

Aris is not really a FFB guru, he uses very bad settings where he gets Clipping in literally every corner. So I would not blindly follow his recommendations regarding anything FFB related.

I use DPR 50 for the Damper Effect in ACC which is triggered when standing still where without DPR the steering is too loose and with more than 50 DPR it's too heavy to turn the wheel. That effect is separate to the in game Damper setting and even works when the in game Damper setting is set to 0. In fact, I highly recommend to not use the in game Damper Effect as it feels extremely bad. I do however recommend to use the Dynamic Damper setting.

DPR then gets disabled when driving more than 10 kph and is then only used for the Dynamic Damper. If you set the Dynamic Damper to 0 then there is completely no Damper Effect triggered while driving.

• Thank you. My in game Dynamic Damper is set to 100 and everything else is 0.

On wheel, are you using the same general settings in AC?

• I dont drive AC often but in general the settings are quite similar to the ACC ones, yes.

• I'm having intermittent wheel hangs in F1 2022. Video continues without a stutter, but the wheel input is locked. Any others having the same issue?

• ALso; where can i set the game paths?

I've bought the origin version, which is detected, but does give a message about the path not being found.

• Hi,

I tried your profile for Iracing but i'm a bit confused, the FFB is very very strong. It's difficult to turn the wheel, it almost broke my thumb during a slip lol

However i followed your readme note, change the "app" settings, done the convertion for DD1 etc...

I'm using DD1, Formula wheel v2, Fanalab and fanatec up to date.

Have an idea or it's the normal setting ?

Thank you for your time!

• No idea, sorry.

Sure the settings are more on the strong and not on the soft side but definitely not too strong that its hard to turn the wheel, then you must be doing something wrong.

Make sure you use Max Force and not strength, thats the only thing which comes to my mind which could cause an issue.

• It is well Max Force, the only option i found is to reduce the overall strengh in Fanalab,.

I reduced from 91 to 40. There is no hidden option or something like that ?

• edited October 2022

I am trying to use Custom LED Colors & Settings as well as some FFB Stuff, but it doesnt work in F1 22. I didn't try it in other Games. Here is a Screenshot of my Settings:

Base: GT DD Pro

Wheel: CS Formula V2.5 (not X)

Pedals: CSL Pedals

Mode of Base: Tried it in PC Comp Mode (Yellow), as well as PC Mode (Red)

Game Platform: Steam

Version of Game: Newest

Version of Firmware: 447

Software: Windows 11

Edit: Some Changes didnt apply. Just hadn't realised it. Everything works now.

• edited October 2022

You can try different UDP ports.

But apart from that... What are that for FFB settings? Are you really driving with these settings? 100 NDP, 100 NFR, 100 NIN, INT 20??? Wiith such settings you pretty much feel nothing from the car or the tires because everything is just dampened to death...

Usually you want those settings to be a as LOW as possible, not as high as possible...

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

By default iRacing is showing a strength slider. If you click on the title of the slider it will change to being the Max Force slider which is measured in Nm.

Was maybe this meant and creating the confusion or am I confused and suggest the wrong thing?

• Do you have some reccomendations for the ffb? Or just put everything to low?

• I would not use more than NDP 25 and no NFR or NIN at all. For INT I would not go above 6.

• edited October 2022

Okay, what about ingame? Is that relevant too? BTW, I use the boost kit

• I just tried in game damper and NDP at same settings individually and couldn't tell any difference. Where exactly can you feel these damper differences? Is there more latency if you use in game damper?

• Hello,

I have the "Porsche 911 GT3" steering wheel with the "Podium Button Module Endurance" since yesterday.

I was very disappointed on the first test drive:

The RPM LEDs are so bright that it really gets on your eyes in a dark environment.

I haven't found anything, but is there a way to dim these LEDs or even switch them off completely?

I'm reluctant to start putting tape on my new steering wheel.

Apparently my error is in Fanalab:

I set the RPM LEDs to black.

The right program is selected „A”

the right profile too „B”

the LED settings are transferred “C”

the LEDs are on "black" “D”…

...but they still glow in-game.

Even if I turn off this LED section completely:

...it is ignored in the game.

Somehow the settings from Fanalab don't appear in the game or on the steering wheel. Where is my thinking wrong?

Any ideas?

My hard- and software:

Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5

Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel

FanaLab V1.66

Game: rFactor 2

On an Alienware Aurora R11 PC

Thanks

Jacky

• You need to click the two green buttons in the game profile Tab in Fanalab to Enable Telemetry and Enable Fanalab support so the native LEDs get disabled which are currently still lighting.

• You can dim the LEDs but not directly in Fanalab. Open your saved profile in Notepad and look for 'brightness' records. BaseLeds, RevLeds and FlagLeds* I don't remember the strings perfectly. Edit the number 100 to 10, save the file and load the profile in Fanalab. It only works in increments of 10 if I recall correctly. I keep RevLeds at 10 but FlagLeds at more so that they distinct clearly from RevLeds. Otherwise it's easy to confuse red abs FlagLeds with red revlimit RevLeds e.g. when keeping focus on the screen. Experiment yourself. I keep two profiles per car: Day with 100 brightness and Night with reduced brightness. Oh, and modifying the night profile in Fanalab doesn't overwrite the brightness to 100 so you are save to play Fanalab setting, even the led settings. Maurice said there are plans to introduce option for brightness in Fanalab but no one knows when.

• Hello,

Thanks for the two ideas, unfortunately neither work.

The two green buttons do the following:

"Enable Telemetry":

That looks good.

But with "Enable FanaLab's Game LED/Hardware Support" comes only a hint:

And when I confirm this with OK, an error message appears:

As a result, the idea of ​​reducing the brightness does not work either.

How can I manually add the "ClubSport Wheel" controller profile in RF2? I think, that will help.

Thanks

Jacky

This discussion has been closed.