F1 2019/2020/2021 (Xbox One) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited August 2021 in F1 20xx
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for F1 2019/2020/2021 (Xbox One). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 20
NFR 2
NIN 0
INT 3
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback: On
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 65
On Track Effects: 10
Rumblestrip Effects: 25
Off Track Effects: 25
Wheel Damper: 10
Understeer Enhance: Off
Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 20
NFR 2
NIN 0
INT 3
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI 005
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 70
Wheel Damper: 0

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -02
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

In-Game Settings:
Wheel Damper: 5

CSL Elite Wheel Base (V1)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI 005
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Rumblestrip Effects: 15
Off Track Effects: 20
Wheel Damper: 0

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -03
BRF User Preference
FEI 060

In-Game Settings:
Rumblestrip Effects: 15

CSL DD

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 2520
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 2
NIN Off
INT 6
FEI 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 60
Rumblestrip Effects: 20

Comments

• Thank you Dominic for this setup. This is a great start with my DD2 ! I just changed In Game force Feedback to 75 instead of 70, and this is almost perfect for me !

Now i just Hope that LEDs will work in the next Xbox generation... This would be great !

• I have a DD1 base. What are the recommended settings for Natural Inertia (NIN) and FFB Interpolation (INT)?

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited August 2020

Since I updated to beta drivers 373, I had to set NDP to 50 instead of 20 or I had Big oscillations !

I think that recommended settings should be updated !

I use DD2.

• edited September 2021

CSL DD with formula V2 wheel seems like the game or maybe driver had a bug on Xbox works fine on PC. I can’t do any laps without the CSL DD trying to rip itself from the frame by simply driving down a straight I’ve tried heaps of different settings with no luck.. any ideas how to fix this?

edit: forgot to mention F1 2020 is fine on Xbox with CSL DD

• I recently started using my CSL DD with F1 2020. Overall these recommended settings feel pretty good, but I noticed I'm having a hard time feeling when the rear tires start to lose grip, particularly when getting on throttle coming out of low-speed corners. It just feels very muted, there's really no indication that I can feel at all...I just give it what I think is an appropriate amount of throttle, and it seems like a 50-50 chance of whether the car swaps ends or not.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what settings I might change to be able to help alleviate this lack of feel for low-speed grip?

• Ok something is very wrong with my settings. I recently had my wheel repaired and just got it back so I haven't had any experience with this game until now. Using some recommended settings from here and other places this is currently what I have. But the var is very hard to handle. It's so sloppy on steering with a ton of understeer. Canada is a nightmare.

In game:

Steering Deadzone 0

Steering Linearity 0

Steering Saturation 5

Throttle Deadzone 0

Throttle Linearity 50

Brake Deadzone 0

Brake Linearity 0

Brake Saturation 0

Vibration & Force Feedback ON

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength 100

On Track Effects 10

Rumble Strip Effects 25

Off Track Effects 25

Wheel Damper 0

Understeer Enhance OFF

Maximum Wheel Rotation 360

Formula V2 rim settings

Sensitivity AUTO

FFB 20

DRI -5

F.EEF.INT Don't know what this setting means but it's 100

BRK.LVL Don't know what this is but it's OFF

SHOCK.VIB 100

MPS.FNC Don't know what this is AUTO

BRAKEF. 50

• has anyone tried changing the sensitivity or wheel saturation? I have a huge oversteer problem on the csl dd

• Xbox DD1 settings:

After playing many hours, I recommend these updated settings for Xbox Series X/ DD1 users playing f1 2021

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1®

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN 2520 (this is an Xbox glitch workaround, Auto does not work to correct this bug)

FF 29

FFS Peak

NDP 15-20

NFR 0-1

NIN 0

INT OFF (not 3, as it will not allow appropriate back end loose detail in comparison to off)

FEI 80-100

BLI User Preference

SHO 100 (no effect on Xbox)

BRF User Preference, (however be sure to manually calibrate this for greater user comfort)

In-Game Settings:

Rumblestrip Effects: 10-15 (not 25 as it will pull wheel out of hand and not allow for curb corrections before spins)

Off Track Effects: 25 (whatever you want here as you’re already going for a ride..)

Wheel Damper: 0, not 10. (this is user preference but anything past 5 will slow your reactions and leads to too much variation between tire compound changes)

Understeer Enhance: Off (on when training)

Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360 (this Xbox bug means when you dial this to 350 or 270 for some esports races the game reacts overly harshly to this most basic of changes, save anything but 360 for next gm and hope the “2520 bug” is fixed.

P.S. I reported that steering sensitivity issue during beta testing for F1 2021 and it still hasn’t been fixed. As a prime sponsor within the game, I would hold their feet to the fire and show them their flagship wheelbase doesn’t work properly even when set to auto in the game and demand it’s fixed for next title coming in July!

hope it helps,

f1AB AVSFAN96

• other tips:

1) erase the motor calibration on your dd1 for less cogging

2) notice that some in-game functions of F1 2021 do not apply in every aspect of driving (dead spots, linearity, etc while in the garage)

3). Unfortunately in order to make the V2 magnetic shifters of the APM work without skipping shifts, you’ll need to change the game graphics mode to quality versus performance. You’ll lose smoothness but at least your shifter will become reliable.

hope it helps.

-AVSFAN96

• Dd pro (xox series x)

Sen 2520

Ff 100

Ffs peak

Ndp 20

Nfr 0ff

Nin 1 (mclaren gt3)

Int 3

Fei 100

Sho 100

Game options

Off

360°

• ^^I'm inclined to believe that Fanatec are working with a skeleton crew and are so overwhelmed by handling RMAs and other customer service issues, that they don't have the time or the manpower for such niceties as supplying recommended settings for new games (or for properly functioning forum software, as this is the fourth time I've attempted to post this). 🙄

• I have reinstalled F1 2020 on my Xbox Series X mainly to have the classic F1 cars. But when I try to drive I have almost no steering. The throttle and brakes work but not the steering. When I was playing the game back in 2020 I had a CSL V2.5 base. But now I've got a CSL DD. Could the reason I don't have any steering be that the game does not recognize this CSL DD wheel?

• That would be my guess. CMP mode should work fine with 2020, when using the recommended settings posted by Dominic above.

• Well I tried this and there is no response from the wheel at all. Nothing on the wheel works. It's like it's dead. With the yellow light on I can't move around on the Xbox dashboard, select a game, no buttons work, nothing.

The same thing happened when I was told to use this mode to try and get Project Cars 2 to work on the CSL DD. I had to go back and use the rim I have with the Universal Hub and go back into Xbox mode.

• 🤦‍♂️ well I feel like an idiot. Of course you need to use Xbox (green) mode if you're on an Xbox. CMP (yellow) is only for use on PCs. Sorry for the misinformation, total brain fart by me.