Assetto Corsa (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited December 2021 in Assetto Corsa
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Assetto Corsa (PS4/PS5). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Assetto Corsa uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ (PlayStation Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN Auto
FF 50
FFS Peak
NDP 30
NFR 10
NIN Off
INT 4
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Options>Video:
Virtual wheel rotation limit: 1080

Control options>Advanced Settings:
Force Feedback: 75%
Kerb FFB: 0%
Road FFB: 0%
Slip FFB: 0%
Understeer Effects: Off

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN Auto
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

In-Game Settings:
Options>Video:
Virtual wheel rotation limit: 1080

Force Feedback: 85%

Gran Turismo DD Pro (PlayStation Compatibility Mode - Purple LED)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN Auto
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN Off
INT 6
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

Force Feedback: 85%

Comments

• What is the reason for 0% with Kerb, Road and Slip FFB? I tried this and didn't like it at all. 

I also have an issue with setting setting the Wheel SEN to AUTO - the game does not compensate for this so steering angle ends up out of sync. I find I need to set this manually to match each car.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    What is the reason for 0% with Kerb, Road and Slip FFB? I tried this and didn't like it at all. 

I also have an issue with setting setting the Wheel SEN to AUTO - the game does not compensate for this so steering angle ends up out of sync. I find I need to set this manually to match each car.
    Kerbs, road feel, and slip already comes through the main FFB with those sliders at zero. If you turn them up, these effects can feel exaggerated. We believe it is realistic to have them at zero, but it is ultimately a matter of personal preference.

With regards to SEN on Auto, this should work, I just tested it myself on a bunch of different cars. Do you have the virtual wheel rotation limit set to 1080?
  • Thanks Dom - no I had missed that I should set the virtual wheel limit to 1080 - it's working now - thanks for this tip, save a lot of fiddling.
  • Hey Dominic

I am trying your ffb settings and want to Ad someting.

I have the podium dd1 F1 wheel and tride the setting of fanatec but i think it can be better. the FEI/ffb insensity setting needs to be on 20/30 because otherwise IT is to heavy and verry clunky.

If you do that you can slide the road/curb and slip to wathever you like and IT wil be prenounsed but not heavy and clunky.

IT is the intensity that makes IT not feel right and exaggaraded.

My settings are:

Ff 45

Show 100

Abs off

For 100

Spring of

Dpr 100

Ndp 70

Nfr 3

Fei 30

Mps auto

In game settings are

Ffb 75

Kerb 100

Road 20

Slip 45

Understeer on

Can you give IT a try and tel me what you think of IT?

Hope to hear from you.

Gr Peter v Bussel

• Hi there, I am using the CSL elite ps4 version but the suggested settings feels too weak to me. Is there someone with other in game settings ?

• Hi there, I am using the CSL elite ps4 version but the suggested settings feels too understated. Is there someone with other in game settings ?

• Hello people

I was trying the ffb settings from fanatec and want to chare my toughts en settings.

I have the podium dd1 F1 wheel and tride the setting but i think it can be better. the FEI/ffb insensity setting needs to be on 20/30 because otherwise IT is to shocky and verry exaggaraded.

If you do that you can slide the road/curb and slip to wathever you like and IT wil be prenounsed but not heavy and shocky.

IT is the FEI/ffb insensity setting that makes IT not feel right and exaggaraded.

so if you let the FEI/ffb insensity setting on 100 you have no room to adjust the ingame setting. The ffb is very exaggaraded to intens and shocky. If you put the FEI/ffb insensity setting lower when using the setting from fanatec you discover that everything wil be les prenounsed and you can now start to adjust the settings in game. when you now up the values in game the ffb wil be more prenounced and not super shocky and very good to handle in my opinion.

You can turn the in game setting to whatever you like of course if you feel that something is to mutch or to little!

My settings are:

Ff 45/50

Sho 100

Abs off

For 100

Spring of or on

Dpr 100

Ndp 70

Nfr 3

Fei 30

Mps auto

In game settings are

Ffb 75

Kerb 50/100

Road 20/30

Slip 35/45

Understeer on

The main thing is that you keep the Fei on 20/30 en tweak everything in the game.

If you do this you have all the FFB you want but more subtle and drivable and not ramming your dd1 motor.

If you are looking for other settings insted of the fanatec standard setting please give IT a try and tel me what you think?

Hope to hear from you!.

Gr Peter v Bussel

• Hi Edmon,

Peter's settings are for the DD1, not the CSL.

• Hi there, Sorry for not being clear...I was speaking for the recommended by Fanatec settings.

• Andrea GiuliAndrea Giuli Member
    edited February 2020

If I had to put For a120 I feel the steering less light. Do you think it dampens some effects, for example the loss of adhesion? And if you have to slightly increase the FfB Road type to 30% is it not recommended? Thank you for your response

• In your opinion, could these changes of mine affect the car's performance over the times caused by a lesser sensation of main effects? I hope I explained myself. Thank you

• Was there ever a solution to increase the FFB feeling on the CSL elite for this game, its nowhere close to the strength felt in project cars 2?

• hey peter,

i have a podium since some weeks and i am using your data - thanks therefore :-)...

most of the time i am driving nordschleife with an 911 RSR - do you have some experiences with this track and car?

• I test it out the set Are high That I could Put Them and It Work Just Awesome .

• And At with Csl Elite With 900 Dergee

• Old thread but have a question about settings…

It seems the FFB for the DD Pro 8nm recommended from Fanatec is largely the same across all simulation games. Lots of force.

The cars in ACC, GT7, and the like don’t require muscle to turn them in real life. Its effortless with the power steering they have.

Is there any settings (within the DD Pro and ACC) anyone can recommend that have effortless steering but lots of feedback when hitting curbs and bumps? I realize the DD Pro isn’t the high end models but it’s no slouch either.

• Settings for 1.8 on PS5 ?

• I'm looking for settings for the DD Pro with a McLaren GT3 wheel if possible....thanks

• Joe MungerJoe Munger Member
    edited November 2022

for in game settings on ps5 where is kerb, road, slip and understeer? i dont see those setting in game anywhere! this is under options/controls correct?

oh wait....duh this is for AC not ACC 🤦‍♂️

• Hi someone can help?!

Have ACC for ps4, ffb works with purple mode on my gt dd pro but dont know why blue yellow red and green bottons dont works for abs tcs breal dif etc

Any answer please??

Thanks

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited February 2023

They are specific to GT7 and can't be mapped to any other game. You'll be better off investing in another wheel like the McLaren where you can assign different functions to the rotary encoders and toggle switches.

• edited February 7

Playstation 5 Assetto Corsa Competizione og Gran Turismo DD Pro (PlayStation-kompatibilitetsmodus - lilla LED) funker ikke. Virker som om spillet og fanatec ikke snakker sammen. Kun PS knappen Home på rattet som virker, alt annet er dødt. noen som har veiledning/tips?