Podium Racing Wheel F1® at a reduced price for a limited time!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited November 2022 in Blog

Firstly, I’d like to provide some updates. Supply chain restrictions and component shortages have contributed to the slow movement of our announced products, but we have made great progress recently and we have much to talk about. 

QR2 - this is a fundamental change to the ecosystem and our opportunity to make major improvements to the quick release. While we (and BMW) are satisfied with our QR design currently being used on the M4 GT3 race car, it has been a challenge to bring this design to mass production for our full range of steering wheels and wheel bases (including a ‘Lite’ version for our CSL Series). The extended development time has ensured the best possible future for the Fanatec quick release. The latest pre-production samples are performing great, but we will only provide release dates and pricing information when we are ready. 

Wheel Base production - many of you have noticed we have been ‘sold out’ of some of our wheel bases for some time. The demand has been very high, and our production has been stalled by component shortages. We will continue to work hard to address this bottleneck, but the effect of the semiconductor crisis continues to be felt across the industry, and I can confirm that the CSL DD will not be available again until Q1 2023.

Podium Steering Wheel Bentley GT3 - the development of this wheel has also been affected by the chip shortage. Although this product was already used very effectively in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, and its mechanical and structural design is well-proven, we were unsatisfied with the performance of the display, and we have used the extra time to completely re-engineer the electronics. We now plan to launch the wheel in the first half of 2023.

Now for the best news of the day. Despite the supply delays, we were recently able to secure all components for the Podium Racing Wheel F1, and run the production line at full capacity. Because we know it will be difficult to get your hands on our entry-level bases until next year, we decided to offer the Podium Racing Wheel F1 at a reduced price for a limited time. (We would like to offer this price until the CSL DD returns, but we expect a high demand, so let’s say ‘while stocks last’.)

The new pricing per region is as follows:

Podium Racing Wheel F1®

US: 1299.95 USD (previously 1799.95 USD) -28%

EU: 1299.95 EUR (previously 1799.95 EUR) -28%

AU: 1999.95 AUD (previously 2799.90 AUD) -29%

This price drop means that the Podium Racing Wheel F1 is now one of the great bargains in sim racing. It remains the most powerful direct drive system for PlayStation (4 and 5) at 20 Nm. It’s a great choice for PC users as well, and can be used on Xbox if combined with one of our Xbox-licensed steering wheels. I can assure you that the Podium Racing Wheel F1 will be supported for years to come by the Fanatec ecosystem.

We are also offering a new bundle of the Podium Racing Wheel F1 plus the ClubSport Pedals V3. With this huge saving we see this now as the ultimate starter set—our most high performance ready-to-race package—that would look the part on any rig.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® Premium Bundle

US: 1499.95 USD (previously 2199.90 USD) -32%

EU: 1499.95 EUR (previously 2199.90 EUR) -32%

AU: 2299.95 AUD (previously 3349.80 AUD) -31%

For many, the Podium Racing wheel is not an alternative to the CSL DD or GT DD Pro but this is the best we can do for now and it is a big chance for anybody who considered an upgrade anyway.

I am very positive that all shortages will be over in 2023 and things go back to normal. Thanks for your loyalty.

Comments

• Nathan WongNathan Wong Member
    edited November 2022

Wow! Thanks for the update on the QR2 and the Bentley wheel. And ultra wow on the price drop on the Podium bundle!

• Good to hear some updates! But what about the Rally button module?

• This is a helpful post, it would be nice to see similar progress updates become a regular thing. Unless my old man memory is playing tricks on me, it has been two years since the QR2 was announced, so many will be surprised that you still aren't in a position to commit to a release date or a price, but I acknowledge that you must have good reason for that.

Not surprised that the Bentley display is proving problematic, trying to design electronics that could stabilise the image on an unpredictably rotating screen would be "challenging"! I expect that this feature won't make it production as I doubt it is feasible to do so reliably. I might even argue that the effort might be better directed somewhere more useful than on that party trick, not to mention that the computing resources required for that gimmick is likely to negatively impact on more important aspects of performance.

Lastly, the Podium bundles are a steal. Arguably much better value than the CSL DD if you compare the complete package of power, build quality vs price.

• I just purchased the Podium Racing Wheel F1 DD1 less than 24 hours ago...

• Only €200 more for the pedals, that's one hell of a deal. I would buy it separately for that price too :D

I own a CSL DD, but this a great deal.

• Nice one Thomas, You´re communicating with your customers 👌😎

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi folks, we are currently working on the cart issue with the new bundle, please bear with us!

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• 😱OMG! I wish I didn't buy the GT DD PRO 8Nm + McLaren GT3 V2 + Desk Clamp 😭😭

• Too little too late, if the shortage is affecting the all industry how come I can get any wheel base and pretty much any wheel I want from other manufacturers? I have always been a Fanatec fanboy customer for what 6 years? maybe more. I'm just tired and disappointed. I'm on the market for a strong DD wheel base and new wheels, and it's not going to be Fanatec.

• All I get is internal server error. Ouch

• If you buy it for great tourism, don't do it, they don't transmit anything just force and nothing else, thrustmaster's t gt transmits 1000 times more than this,

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
  • Thanks for the update/discount Thomas.

Maybe consider moving your production out of China? Their zero covid policy & lockdowns will continue to fail, hence so will supply chain issues.

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

We actually are planning to move part of our production to Europe although China is not the reason for the Chip shortage

• I received mine less than 14 days ago - should I return my unit and purchase a new one at the reduced cost, or will Fanatec refund me the difference instead of having me ship it back?

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Please contact our sales team. They always find a pragmatic solution.

• Plz bring F1 bundle to Japan!

Most gamers here use PS4/PS5 here not BOX/PC and give up buying F1 bundle as don’t know how to buy it from US site.

• Good to hear Thomas. Recent events have proved that we Europeans need to be much more self-reliant.

• edited November 2022

Good morning I just wrote in 1 year I bought

V3

Dumper Kit

Elastomer kit x 2

V3i

DD PRO 8nm

in October the Podium at full price,

I'm a little disappointed, if I knew I expected and I would have bought the Porsche GT3 steering wheel sorry for the vent

• Is the GT DD Pro 8Nm actually available to ship on purchase in the US, or is it just an error on the website showing it is available?

• Looking forward to learning more about the QR2 and how much it will cost. It'll direct my next QR upgrade depending on the price of the wheel side of the QR2.

• I just received mine 2 days ago, paid full retail price ... Can't help feeling ript off. That's €500 down the drain. Made a customer ticket this morning, i hope there can be some sort of compensation.

• Many thanks for that update and mostly for that price drop - since i wanna buy csl dd for a long time i've manage to get it from user that replaced it with exacly that discounted F1 bundle :D So not direcly but in some way that price drop allowed me to get my csl dd. Lets hope that more people can get it that way.

Ps. Sorry if i've didnt write it correcly but You get the point i hope :p

• See Thomas, this is all we need from you every so often, small updates on product development and timelines would go a long way to appease disgruntled or disillusioned fanatec customers. Something like this could help to reduce the anger that appears here from time to time and potential customers going elsewhere. Fanatec continually fails on the communication front except for Dominic and Maurice popping up regularly here.

It is not too late to turn this around. I hope 5his is something you will do on a regular / semi regular basis. I have a number of fanatec products that I take great pride in owning but people are after more visibility and transparency from the organisations they deal with nowadays. It's just the way the world is that we live in now.

• edited November 2022

Wow, those discounts are insane! I'm a happy Podium F1 wheel and V3 pedal user already but nevertheless I have to say THANK YOU!

I keep my eyes on the BMW GT2 V2 wheel. That one is a great nominee for the Black Friday sale, isn't it? 😀

Cheers,

Thorsten

• bundle sold out,

restock possible?

• It seems to me an unpleasant answer x 15 days more.

Good morning Giuseppe,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly and letting us know that our offer is too low for you.

While we totally understand this from a consumer perspective, we aim to stay within a framework that remains fair to all customers and is sustainable for the company.

Therefore, our offer remains valid if you should change your mind. Beyond that, you may find something that meets your expectations in our upcoming Black Friday sale.

Thanks again for your interest and have a nice weekend!

(Fanatec Fulfillment Team)

------------------- Original Message -------------------

Received: 10.11.2022 12:14

To: Fanatec Webshop .

Subject: Re: Order 1572676 october 2022 CRM:000011600010651

Good morning

in the meantime thanks for the answer honestly I am disappointed in 1 year I bought

1) V3 

2) Dumper Kit 

3) Elastomer X2 

4) DD PRO 8nm 

5) V3i 

6) Podium F1.  

Now you offer me a 10% discount on the Podium Porsche GT3 R leather steering wheel that costs € 649.95. 

But if you put it on sale on Black Friday ??? see if you can do something more, then you know if it will go on sale. 

Thank you