Possible BETA software or return?

Hi all,

I know this is possibly in the wrong place however it wont let me post under the correct category :(

I recently purchased a CSL elite base for my PS4 along with it all the accessories and what I thought would work no problem with it a Clubsport Steering wheel porsche 911 gt3 in leather. It appears that the button box is only compatible with podium bases, I'm not sure why it was called a clubsport wheel..... very misleading.

Anyway my question is, Is there any BETA software that could make this work, either now or coming in the future? I'm absolutely gutted as the porsche wheel is what made me buy the entire set up.

Many thanks!

Comments

• No, there is no Beta software available for your wheel base at this point. There might be a firmware sometime this year, but nothing was confirmed yet.

BTW, it's called ClubSport Wheel because it uses the ClubSport Universal Hub.

• Thanks for your reply it clears quite a lot up for me, still the unknown of if it is coming or not is a risk. Just another question now do you know if you can buy the base for the podium racing F1 wheel by itself? or do you have to purchase with the f1 wheel? or can you buy a DD PS4 compatible base by itself?

• Psql .Psql . Member

Nope, when you need PS4 compatibility you need to buy the set (Base + F1 wheel).

• Went that route my self.

Never looked back. Day vs night. (a bit more headache to set up the perfect feeling cause of limitations from PS4) BUT now I am thinking to upgrade to PC too. So I can do m PS4 stuff and also join the world championships (touring cars) for next year that cannot enter due to console limitations 😇

• Sorry I must sound incredibly stupid in asking these questions, so what you're saying is even-though I have a "PS4 ready" wheel and I was to buy the DD base that works with the PS4, it wouldn't work because only the F1 wheel works with the Direct drive base and PS4? I would happy buy the DD base system as the CSL elite isn't exactly what I'm looking (watched too many youtube videos that were bigging it up) for however I'm not an f1 sim user nor have any interest in the F1 wheel set up so being stuck with the only wheel that works for the ps4 is a big no no for me.

Once again I apologise for my lack of knowledge about all this and I can only thank you wonderful people for explaining the basics, the website isn't exactly clear and pretty glitchy. I completely understand we are at unprecedented times where demand is very high.

Many thanks

• edited June 2020

Hi Matthew,

So the difference between xbox and ps4 stuff on the bases is that for xbox the compatibilty is in the steering wheel, while for PS4 is in the base.

To my understanding, the PS4 compatible DD would not been possible if it wasn't the SONY deal for the F1 stuff. So because they needed to get the rights and be allowed by sony to get the compatibility chip for the PS4 stuff, the F1 wheel HAS be to sold as a bundle( so far, not sure about the future). Which also explains the name and is called Podium Racing Wheel F1 and not DD1 for PS4.

Try like what I thought of doing and buy the bundle. When arrive, put the wheel for sale (although I decided to keep it for decoration purposes so far). There are a lot of people that want to buy it because it is not sold separate and it can be considered as "limited edition" for some.

• Psql .Psql . Member

It will work with other wheels it’s the base that determines the PS4 compatibility. But you only can buy the DD PS4 bundle with F1 wheel to get a DD base with PS4 support. There is no DD base only option at the moment with PS4 support. You can always sell the F1 wheel if you don’t like/want that wheel that comes in the PS4 set.

For Xbox it’s the wheel that determines the Xbox compatibility. So with a PS4 base a Xbox wheel make the combo compatible on 3 platforms.

• Thank you both ever so much for your replies, it clears a lot up for me! and its all got confusing simply because sony love taking money off of people.

Its frustrating because I have, PS4, XBOX and a PC Im trying my best to avoid buying many different wheels

well it looks like my bank account will take another hit!

last question!........How do I go about returning some items?

Thanks Millions!

• I think with the PODIUM F1 bundle you cover all 3. (PS4, PC and xbox as long you have an xbox compatible wheel).

Not sure about the returning products.

I think they have a form in the website but not sure 100% how it works.