DD2 Understanding FFB Settings

I recently purchased a DD2 and a R300 wheel, I love the setup, but was hoping someone could explain what I am seeing.

I'm trying to determine the best settings for my games, one example being Wreckfest. I notice this weird behavior and I'm not sure why. I've noticed this with other games.

Take my car and run it into a wall, other car, pretty much any stationary object HEAD-ON, and you don't fell anything. For a lot of the crashes despite it being a game, I'll brace myself knowing it will be a violent crash but nothing. Same if I ram into a car at a high rate of speed head on, it's almost like the car I hit is a ghost. I see more ffb on the screen then I feel in the wheel, if that makes any sense.

Yet, if I hit that same car at a slight angle I feel feedback. Same if another car hits me on an angle I feel it.

If I ram into a concrete barrier head-on at a high rate of speed it's like nothing happened. Back the car up 50 feet and slam on the gas, ram the wall head-on and I feel feedback. Hit the same wall at a high rate of speed on a slight angle and you feel feedback.

Can someone please help me understand why do I don't feel feedback when I hit things head-on?

Comments

• It could just be the engine of that game and the way it sends feedback data to the driver. Windows has an API for interacting with force feedback wheels, and Fanatec has an additional API for interacting with their proprietary stuff, like lights and vibration motors. I sounds like that game limits the feedback at high speeds to prevent causing damage to equipment or hurting someone. I dont know that game, but try seeing if others have the same experience with others wheels also?

• Psql .Psql . Member

A lot of games don’t send FFB during crashes. It’s the game that skips the effects and not really fixable with a setting. Unless the game changes their engine. A few games have a crash slider but most don’t have it.

Try iRacing once and you wish it wasn’t as violent as it is. There it’s either very tightly hold the wheel or get your hands off as fast as possible especially on a DD1 or DD2.

• I'm glad to see this post because I have the same setup and actually just noticed that same thing in ACC. I think I played something else yesterday and I could feel it when I wrecked. In ACC everything else was pretty tight and then I hit a wall...a Charmin wall.

• It's probably wise not to have a violent impact transferred to one's digits. I need my fingers for work and (although it adds to immersion) it's probably pointlessly painful to the motor as well.