Website cart cost analysis

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong area to post this.

Has everyone based in the US/Canada had issues clarifying the pricing of goods in the cart and at checkout? I am in the US, not in California. I have added the Clubsport v2.5 with BMW wheel bundle into my cart. The item page shows $849.90 incl VAT. The cart preview in the top right of the page shows $714.20*.

I assume that $714 is without the VAT charge? Is that cart preview an error? I am positive I am viewing the english US/Canada region site. Going through the checkout process it shows 849.90 + $18.96 = $868.86 "total including VAT"

The item is not shipping from overseas into the US. I can understand paying sales tax from my state, but VAT taxes are not standard in the US. I would prefer not be charged an additional $150 for a website error on their end.

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but upon a ton of searching I have come up empty handed.

Comments

• The price is not an error, but the information is very misleading. All prices include applicable taxes (state sales tax) which are not added additionally. The calculation is strange and shouldn't even be shown to the user.

Obviously everyone would like to get it for even cheaper, but that is not what happens.

• Thank you very much for the response. That's what I was afraid of. So I suppose I will be paying the full amount of 850 for the kit along with the shipping cost. Maybe if I order it this week I will get it by Christmas!