Clubsport 1.5 Shifter squeaking

Hello!

Last night, after some semi-violent use with Dirt 2.0 the Shifter starter squeaking - from what I can tell, somewhere form the spring at the top of the gear shift?

Is it possible / suggested to lubricate this somehow for maintenance reasons?

I saw a couple of videos on youtube, that suggest to take the whole shifter apart to lubricate but for the bottom part of the gearshift - which I wouldn't do anyway.

Comments

• Is anyone from Fanatec actually reading these forums?

• Nick go online on the fanatec webpage and register a support ticket in your product pages under your shifter.

Usually they reply fairly quick.

• Thanks for the reply Alexandre!

• No prob Niko.

You might want to add a video with the issue (squeaking noise) cause they might ask you is better to have it from the beginning and avoid delays between replies etc. 😉

• Just take the 4 screws out at the top, pop it off and carefully disconnect the cable that runs down to the sequential mode switch. Oil and grease any metal to metal contact areas. It will stop the squeaks. My advice is to use bearing grease. It stays put and makes for very smooth shifting. If you are intimidated by dismantling it further, some oil will work to get into the tight spots. If you have any motor oil laying around use some of that in a dropper or syringe to apply it directly in the areas you want.