Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• Hey Dillon,

Thanks for response. Dont have any wheel setup at moment. Hoping to get it right first time with a V2 setup once I see more of the xbone rim offerings.

As an aside, always keen to race on F2H with those who drive clean and dont side swipe other cars off track, even if they are in same team for team races!

Cheers
    Hi Jon,

Yeah, hoping Fanatec release some info soon, I get really impatient haha. I sent you a friend request. Hope to see ya out on the track, always enjoy good clean racin!  :-bd
  • I was on the Project Cars web site this evening and they are projecting a March 17, 2015 release date in the US. Could we have an XBone rim in our hands by then? My V2 is still in the box waiting for a rim. Also, does anyone know why the Limited Edition is not available in the US for consoles? I don't want to pre-order the game until I know for sure that the LE is not available.
  • I was on the Project Cars web site this evening and they are projecting a March 17, 2015 release date in the US. Could we have an XBone rim in our hands by then? My V2 is still in the box waiting for a rim. Also, does anyone know why the Limited Edition is not available in the US for consoles? I don't want to pre-order the game until I know for sure that the LE is not available.
    That is the current release date, let's hope it's for real this time. Thomas hinted that Fanatec will be able to have X1 rims released by then, specifically in time for Pcars release(he accepted the challenge from another forum member). I ended up going to one of the European sites to pre-order the LE for PC as they've been very elusive to say whether or not they will be available in the US. 
  • Dillon what site did you use for the LE PC? I too want the LE for PC. More so I want the steel case and cars. 

I do understand though that if we pre order online with Steam we get the cars that come in the LE.

Regards,

• Dillon, I would like to know the site also. Can we download Steam games to XBone.
  • Dillon what site did you use for the LE PC? I too want the LE for PC. More so I want the steel case and cars. 

I do understand though that if we pre order online with Steam we get the cars that come in the LE.

Regards,

Dillon, I would like to know the site also. Can we download Steam games to XBone.
    Found it on Pcars pre-order page: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

It is in the UK on-line store "GAME", should be the top left store in the link. It lists the PS4 LE sold out already, so might want to hurry.
  • Steam games are ONLY for pc

Regards,

Dillon, I would like to know the site also. Can we download Steam games to XBone.

It is in the UK on-line store "GAME", should be the top left store in the link. It lists the PS4 LE sold out already, so might want to hurry.
    Will they ship to the US
    Dillon what site did you use for the LE PC? I too want the LE for PC. More so I want the steel case and cars. 

Regards,

Do they ship to the US?

Regards,

Will they ship to the US
    Dillon what site did you use for the LE PC? I too want the LE for PC. More so I want the steel case and cars. 

Regards,

Do they ship to the US?
    Yes

Regards,

Will they ship to the US

Regards,

Do they ship to the US?
    Yes
    Thanks, I ordered it from Games for XBone. $95 US dollars. I hope it is worth it!
  • Thank you Dillon!

• Thank you Dillon!

always welcome
  • Do you think the Xbone rim will be a generic looking rim or will Fanatec produce Xbone rims like BMW, Porsche, etc?  Or will the rim be a Forza branded rim similar to the 360 version?  I'm really hoping it's not just limited to a Forza branded rim and we get a few options to choose from.
  • I'm hoping they use the existing series of rims and install an Xbone compatible chip. That would be less expensive than developing a new line, and therefore controlled costs so they don't get passed along to us. I hope they don't go with a Forza brand, but stick to a Microsoft theme. There are more racing games than just Forza, so unless Turn Ten coughs up a few bones (pun intended) for branding, why would Fanatec even go there? 

• The only way I see a Forza branded wheel being worth it for Fanatec is if Turn Ten somehow returns the favor and advertises for Fanatec. Otherwise it's just free advertising for Forza unless they pay Fanatec.

I agree with Trevor that using the current rims would be just fine. The hub too of course. I'm really hoping for a hub. Forza is one of the few games that has a large selection of American muscle cars. I want to use a very basic rim and my CSS SQ just like in real life. :)
  • I would also be happy with rims from the current lineup as a base - especiallly the 918 RSR.

I also would prefer no Forza branding, as Said its not the only xbone racing game to be played.
  • Chris and Jon, I just pre-ordered Project Cars for the Xbox One. New published release date is March 17-20. That should coincide (we hope) with the release of the Fanatec XBone compatible rims. It's all good. 

• I'm with you guys.  No Forza branding please, Fanatec.  I'm totally for the use of existing rims.  Hopefully we receive news soon!
  • I'm with you guys.  No Forza branding please, Fanatec.  I'm totally for the use of existing rims.  Hopefully we receive news soon!
    Seeing how Forza is Microsoft's premier racing series, I can almost guarantee that they'll be atleast a couple Forza branded rims like last gen. 

And not sure if anyone has thought about it, but I'm guessing as soon as an X1 rim comes out, someone will figure out how to pull the authenticator out and mod it to any existing CS rim. You guys shouldn't worry so much  ;)
  • Who is worried? We were simply stating what rims we'd personally like. We know that Fanatec is working on it and it will be done when it's done. We were just having a conversation. Everyone is so use to complainers that they don't see when people are just talking. Lol
  • Yeah..

Everyone is so use to complainers that they don't even bother to add anything to the discussion and just focus on a single sentence at end of someone's post, merely meant to be playful, hence the smiley.
  • > UPDATE
    > Reworded to make compatibility more clear 

Who writes these posts? This is the exact opposite of clear. Clear is stating exactly the facts. This is not clear at all:

> Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases
    > by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!

How am I supposed to know what an "Xbox One enable Fanatec wheel base" is? Adding "like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2" just makes it more confusing. Does it support V1?

JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!

Here's how you can be absolutely clear:

Xbox One wheels will work on ALL ClubSport Wheel Base including V1.

Or:

Xbox One wheels will ONLY work on ClubSport Wheel Bases V2. They will NOT work on the V1.

Or:

Xbox One wheels will work on ClubSport Wheel Bases V2. We currently can't say if they will work on the V1.

Who ever writes these posts needs to be fired and dragged out of the building kicking and screaming. It's madding how unclear this post is and even worse this after it's been edited to make it "more clear." It boggles the mind.

And don't tell me to read five pages of posts. Do your job and effectively communicate with your customer.
  • hopefully with tomorrow being one year for Xbox thrustmasters exclusivity ends and they announce something
    Me too I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  [-O<
    In my language we say: "hope is the mother of stupids".
    Of course, nothing personal as I am waiting as well... :(
  • Fanatec's answer to my cries regarding their way of selling the products to people hoping for X1 compatibility:
    "If
    you sell your CSW V2 now on eBay you probably get more than what you
    Pay for. There are many PC users who would be very happy to have your
    wheel."
    That's one great answer.

• He's just a bit anoid of all people asking something that he just won't tell anymore...he burnt his fingers on telling when the V2 bas SHOULD be available once. Guess he now grown wiser to let people know when the Xone wheels will be ready for selling...

My guess of the announcement by the end of march is, that some wheels are in webstore by then !!!

• Well, then he should not announce closed deal with Microsoft, SUGGESTING that the rims shall come soon. And guess what - the big sale of v2 started. What do you think - why? Coincidence?
    People were buiyng it and other begging for discount codes for nothing? Just to buy a (now) pretty useless base? Including myself.

Poor, very poor business practice.
  • No people who think creating, developing and produce etc a wheel happens overnight live in a dreamworld...

I too bought the base in await of the XOne wheel, KNOWING if thinking realisticly it could take another 6 months before I get one.....

JUST bescause I didn't want to wait until oktober 2015 till it's my turn to get a chance buying them causd by big demand....also predictable !!!!

• He's just a bit anoid of all people asking something that he just won't tell anymore...he burnt his fingers on telling when the V2 bas SHOULD be available once. Guess he now grown wiser to let people know when the Xone wheels will be ready for selling...

My guess of the announcement by the end of march is, that some wheels are in webstore by then !!!

I wouldnt be surprised if they are ready to ship the day they are announced, but being Fanatec, I also wouldnt be surprised if they weren't
  • "we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS". To me, the way Thomas put it here is basically: we won't release a wheel by then, so go buy Thrustmaster. Still, hope I'm wrong.
  • "we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS". To me, the way Thomas put it here is basically: we won't release a wheel by then, so go buy Thrustmaster. Still, hope I'm wrong.

....or. They may have a cheaper wheel (like TM T100) for pCars release with V base rims out for FM6.

My opinion. Hope im wrong. Cdw a rim way before FM6.