FanaLab 1.47 (Hotfix) Download - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• edited September 2020

Nope, had latest versions of drivers and firmware. However i realised i updated Nvidia drivers just before, not sure why but after re-installing drivers everything seems to work fine again.

Since it is a pc specific for my sim i'm 100% sure nothing else changed besides the Nvidia driver update. Next time i'll keep an eye on it if it occurs again.

• I'm having exactly the same problem I had with the previous version of Fanalab, I cannot get it to run on Win 10.

I have no idea if this has been caused by a Windows update or not, over 6 months ago I could run Fanalab without issues, now it won't launch. I get the splash screen, then no app. I can see the F icon in the systray, but when I hover over it, it disappears because the app failed to launch.

I see the following error in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: FanaLab.exe, version: 0.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5f48c840

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x42f14898

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00129962

Faulting process ID: 0x67b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d695d7336b0aa6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: e5b6f045-3a25-4d53-accf-73a413cd49ad

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I spent hours trying to resolve this before, but eventually gave up. Now thought I'd try with a fresh new version & install, same issue. Have tried all manner of compatibility settings on the exe, to no avail. Last time around I saw I wasn't the only one suffering from this issue. Has there been any progress on fixing this?

I've had to resort to the 5 settings on the wheel, after successfully using Fanalab in the past, this is a royal pain!

Please help.

• Some (or maybe all?) people found success in deleting a certain folder involving Fanalab and was able to get the program to work again. I think the path is C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\PodiumControl (I'm going off the top of my head here), delete the folder that's in there, and it should work again.

• Austen, you are a legend! Pretty impressive for 'off the top of your head'. Absolutely bang on. Deleted that folder & bosh, I'm back in .

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• For some reason after updating to this version of Fanalab it is picking up my base as a CSW v2.5 and not my DD1. I have just sold my CSW v2.5, would this be the issue??

• seems you are in CSW Compatibility Mode - switch back to PC mode and it should be a DD again (or select the DD in the Dropdown in the Main FanaLAb Tab)

• Hey just wanted to say thanks to Maurice. Successfully installed. Like the feature updates in the software a lot. Thanks.

• When I turn on CS 2.5 wheel base, with F1 V2 wheel with Fanalab running, the pedal motors in my CS 3 pedals start vibrating and do not stop until I am in F1 2020 and stomp on my brake while driving, generating wheel lock up. After that initial lock up then the throttle and brake motors stop vibrating.

How can I make it so these motors don't vibrate on initial startup?

• Hi There!

Clubsport V2.5

CSL Elite Pedals

Formula Carbon V2

Till this day my Fanatac LEDs on my steeringwheel dont work.. Anyone that can help?

Thanks!

• A tiny bit more info would be helpful. Which platform? Which driver? Which Fanalab version? Which games? Did you enable Fanalab telemetry and disabled ingame LEDs?

• Has there been a reason from iRacing as to why pedal vibration is no longer a thing once you break the slip angle? It has been doing this since the week after iRacing released/debuted that feature. It worked wonderfully for a week or so and then stopped and never came back

• It never worked because iRacing blocks this kind of Telemetry actively in their Telemetry to prevent cheating.

• On Assetto Corsa the flag leds for DRS Allowed option don't work.

CSL Elite wheel base v1.1

Steering wheel Formula v2

CSL Elite pedals LC (wheel base)

• edited October 2020

AC does not support telemetry output for DRS Zone/DRS Allowed, therefore the FlagLEDs cant work and are greyed out.

• I have a periodic issue with Fanalab where it seemingly randomly can't see my DD1 + Formula V2 on certain boots. The DD1 is seen my Win10 just fine, and the games work, but my Fanalab-driven LEDs and FFB profiles can't load. Turning the wheel on/off doesn't help. Sometimes rebooting doesn't help either. I haven't quite nailed-down how I get it working again (I just keep rebooting until it does). I've seen this happen both before and after I've completely wiped-out my Win10 install and started clean. Any idea what causes this?

Fanalab: 1.47b

PC driver: 373

WB FW: 674

WBM FW: 40

SW FW: 35

Win10 version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Does the refresh button above the device list in Fanalab help?

Does opening the driver interface works and does it show the wheel correctly?

• I can't remember if I tried the refresh button, but I think I did. Next time this happens I'll be sure to try it. It occurs maybe 1/10 times I boot the machine.

But yes, opening the driver interface works and shows the wheel correctly. The issue is only with Fanalab (or so it appears, anyway).

• Please consider for future builds to set the Rev LED's percentage per gear..

For example iR Dallara P2 changes depending on what gear you are in thererfore it is out of alignment for 5th and 6th gear..

• edited October 2020

That's on the list but only coming next year and not soon.

• no worries Maurice thanks for the info.. I'm glad it's on the list :)

• There are more important LED things like a different Flash LED pattern (so for example to get the LEDs flash in all red instead of their normal RPM colors) as this would be useful for 25 cars in total, or orange as color selectable in the color palette which would be useful for 17 cars in total.

However, this RevLED per car is definetely something to be locked at at some point and I personally also hope its rather sooner than later, even though its only useful for 5 cars or so in iRacing, but its still a big one in my personal opinion because those out-of.sync LEDs are just totally distracting while driving...

• BMF CoandaBMF Coanda Member
    edited October 2020

yeah Flash LED pattern is a big one..

• sweeeeeeet...

• I can't enable the Telemetry in F1 2020 to Fanalab. It works wonders in Project Cars 2 though. I've tried the different settings in the telemetry options, like disable Fanatec, D-box, and SLI PRO. I am using the standard 20777 UDP port, and not using any other programs to access it. When I enable telemetry in Fanalab I get the message to choose UDP port, and then it says: File config setup success. Same thing with enable hardware support. Yet Fanalab does not retrieve telemetry from the game. Any tips?

CSW 2.5, Formula V2 and CSL elite LC

Pc driver: 373

Wheel base Firmware: 674

Wheel base motor firmware: 22

Steering wheel firmware: 25

This discussion has been closed.