Podium Hub vs. Clubsport Universal Hub

Hey guys, I'm brand new here so sorry if I'm covering old ground. I did a search first.

Anyway, I'm putting together a new rig after my old Thrustmaster kicked the bucket and I just ordered the CS V3 pedals and brake performance kit. Baring some surprise infusion of cash I'll be going with the CS v2.5 base.

I'm still debating on the hub and wheel set up and I'm not clear on the differences between the Universal Hub and the Podium hub. I really like the podium advanced paddles, so maybe that makes the decision for me, although I'm also not clear on whether or not they are compatible with both hubs.

I will be running on a PC, so Xbox and PS4 compatibility aren't very important to me, although I have both.

I'm trying to justify spending the money on podium, but other than the paddles, I'm not sure what that would be yet.

Any feeback on that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeremy Leese

Comments

• Podium Hub comes without any shifters or buttons so you need either the Button Cluster or the Button Module Endurance as well as the ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module or the Podium Advanced Paddle Module.

The Universal Hub comes with everything, so with Buttons and with spring shifters as well as Xbox compatibility.

The APM and MPM are both also compatible with the Universal Hub.

Technically the Podium Hub is the more advanced one which gives you more resolution on the axes of the APM for example.

• Thanks for the quick response. So I would also need the Endurance module to access the Tuning Menu on the wheel in game, or is there another option?

Also, to clarify, the Podium hub, advanced paddles and Endurance module combined would be compatible with the CS v2.5 wheel base?

Thanks.

• Yes, you need the BME to enter the Tuning Menu in the wheel in game (alternatively you can Alt+Tab out of the game to go into the driver or FanaLab which also both have the Tuning Menu available).

And yes, since driver 373 the BMW is also working on the CSW v2.5 (however, in Beta state but its working without any known issues).

• Thanks, I'll make sure to install the latest beta drivers first if I go that route.