Which 64 bit driver file ?

Hello,

As were all running out of fresh things to bicker about in our house, I’ve bought us this kit and Im working on getting my CSL Elite -PS4 bundle and upgraded brake pedal to work with our PS4. I’m following the guide to replace the drivers but there are two versions of the 64 bit driver listed on the site under downloads. It’s not clear (to me) why there are two and if I need one or both.

Hopefully an easy question and solution to getting us up and running in this crazy year we’re all having.

Cheers then

Steve

Comments

• Jussi SeilolaJussi Seilola Member
    edited November 2020

I have the very same problem as I'm new in this Fanatec ecosystem. It would be nice if there was a list for the official and beta drivers separately. v380 seems to be beta. All the equipment have different version.

• ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module has v373
    • ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 has v334
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4 / ClubSport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 have v328

So if I'd like to use the official one should I use v373? Or is it safe (relatively) to use beta version v380?

• Jussi it means that each product in order to work will have to have the suggest driver or higher.

For example the magnetic paddles have to have v373 and associated firmware in order to work

V2 being a bit older need the 333 and associated firmware to work.

So if you have the above products combination is always good to be on the latest.

in this case 380 even if beta (being the newest release) because 373 was kind of beta as well and 380 has improvements.

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW THROUGH THE CORRECT PROCEDURE AND AFTER INSTALING THE NEW DRIVERS TO UPGRADE EACH AND EVERY COMPONENT (ALL WHEELS AND ACCESORIES) WITH THE CORRECT FIRMWARE.

• Jussi SeilolaJussi Seilola Member
    edited November 2020

This is what makes me confused. There is no firmware version included (see the list below) for ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 (CSW_RBMW). If you go to fanatec webshop there is "The latest firmware is integrated into the driver and can be installed via the “update” tab in the driver panel."

If I install a new driver and the package doesn't include (not mentioned) the firmware specific to the wheel should I install older driver first then install the latest one? Or is this list just incomplete and all the older firmwares are included? If the latest driver package includes every older firmwares for the wheels my concern isn't valid.

Most probably I make this too complicated :)

Driver (v380):

• Firmware versions included:
      • CSW V1 Base : V679 (NEW)
      • CSW V2 Base : V679 (NEW)
      • CSW V2.5 Base: V679 (NEW)
      • CSL E Base: V679 (NEW)
      • CSL E Base PS4: V679 (NEW)
      • PDD Base: V679 (NEW)
      • PDD WQR: V6
      • CSL/CSW Motor: V22
      • DD1/DD2 Motor: V40
      • McLaren V31
      • RFORMV2: V37 (NEW)
      • PHUB: V3
      • PBME: V14 (NEW)

Product Information (fanatec webshop)

There are no individual drivers for steering wheels. The driver of the Fanatec wheel base / racing wheel they are connected to will also support them.

Please download and install the latest driver and firmware for your wheel base / racing wheel before you mount this steering wheel!

The latest firmware is integrated into the driver and can be installed via the “update” tab in the driver panel.

• If I install a new driver and the package doesn't include (not mentioned) the firmware specific to the wheel should I install older driver first then install the latest one? Or is this list just incomplete and all the older firmwares are included? If the latest driver package includes every older firmwares for the wheels my concern isn't valid.

Nope. Just clean all the files and drivers of fanatec from your PC.

Restart PC

Download and install latest (373 beta if on console) or 380 beta (if PC user)

Restart PC

Connect the base and follow the instructions like you are doing a new set up.

Dont forget to always update individually all each and every fanatec accessory you have connected.