Fanatec shipping calculation confusion.

I'm a bit confused about the explanation on the website regarding shipping costs vs actual experience when adding products to the cart and proceeding to checkout.

"The rate depends on the total weight of the shipment and the shipping address. If the volume weight is higher than the actual weight, the volume weight will be the calculation base."

My experience is that for almost every items, regardless of weight, shipping cost is added. Does that mean every singe item will be shipped separately? (All in stock)

It already seems exorbitant for light weight items such as a button set. Unless someone can explain to me how just the SQ shifter USB dongle and a set of button caps are heavier than the SQ shifter itself. Maybe they are shipped in a steel box?

But then adding a heavier clam doesn't add cost to the two lighter items. Maybe the math is faulty?

The only logical way to proceed for me is to make these light weight purchases elsewhere or second hand.

(no overseas shipping, just to the Netherlands next door)

Comments

• edited November 2020

From my experience, from documents up to full racecars by airplane is that some logistic companies (UPS, FedEx, DHL etc) also have minimum charge unfortunately for the lightweight stuff.

• I get the minimum. But why double for two inexpensive lightweight products. It doubles the base rate. If it's shipped in one package you should be able to add a lot more weight before shipping costs would double according to their own table in the website footer.

• Tim KocksTim Kocks Member
    edited November 2020

It seems like a script error to me.

I thought maybe due to the current global situation they just went for individual shipping, but that also doesn't seem the case by experimenting with various products in checkout.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Tim,

I asked the sales team to check the products you mentioned and the shipping calculation is correct. The price changes when there is more than one package involved, and it is currently not possible to send these small items in a single package.

You are welcome to send the sales team a message to clarify via the general contact form.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks you for the answer. It was not clear to me the order would contain multiple packages.