Fanatec Shifter SQ1.5 - my solution for the misshift problem
I upgrade my simrig from an G27 to an CSR elite ( i know, its old ^^ ) - so I was in need of an shifter and pedals.
Then I bought the V3 and the SQ1,5 shifter from Fanatec new.
I use an Omega GT RS6 simrig - which was nice for my G27 - but comes to its limit with the Fanatec hardware.
Since I couldnt find my mounting plate for the shifter, I screwed the shifter to a wooden plate and clamped this set to my sim rig. This "test" worked with the G27 shifter, but not with the Fanatec Shifter. As soon as I wiggled the mounted shifter, misshifts happened like R instead of 5th gear, but especially 2, 4 and 6. Especially when your shifter was in 4th and you wiggled the shifter, it showed like gear 2 or 6 is in ( for a ms ).
Long story short, I made another mounting bracket, this time i welded a metal one. Even this was made just for testing and isnt by far perfect ( only a 2mm base plate ), there is NO MISSHIFT anymore!!!
Even when I tried to wiggle the whole mounted shifter heavy, no more misshift.
So one solution for fixing the problem:
Make sure, the shifter is mounted properly to a simrig or table!!!!
( if this doesnt help, there is a nice video on YT from a guy who solved his problem by using an electronic tape around the hall sensor ! )
some "eyecandy" 😁 ( at the first picture bottom right, you can see my "wooden construction", the metal one is test project 2 )
Happy racing everyone!