McLaren GT3 V2 serious issues

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum! The reason why I'm opening this discussion is pretty annoying tho...

I got the new McLaren gt3 v2 delivered last week and it immediately had problems, the left gear lever wasn't working and once I tried to turn back on the steering wheel it just wouldn't turn on. I wrote to the customer support Saturday but still had no response. Has anyone encountered the same issues? If yes how did you manage to solve them?I wrote to the customer support last week but still had no response...

Comments

• Hi Corrado, tech support usually takes 5-7 days to get back to you.

When you try to contact them best way is to create a support ticket from your account under "My products" tab and try to describe your issue the best you can. Add also a short video of the issue and always mention your hardware (wheelbase model etc) and what drivers you are running.

This way it is going to save you a lot of time between emails that as mentioned above takes approximately 5-7 days every time.

• I had the same issue, except it was the right shifter that was not working.

I opened a return case on the day I received the wheel (8th February), and after the usual support delay as mentioned above, received an RMA ticket on the 15th, and have received a notification today stating that a replacement wheel is currently processing in the warehouse in Germany. I have no idea how long I can expect to wait for the replacement, since there aren't any wheels in stock currently.

It's annoying but unfortunately you just have to wait for action on their end before the whole process can begin.

• Pretty disappointing to hear there are shifter issues with the V2. You’re not the only ones I’ve heard this from. You’d have thought that’s the one area they would’ve absolutely made sure is 100% after the debacle over the V1 shifters.

• You can expect with the amount of wheels Fanatec is selling that their always will be someone unlucky and receive a faulty one. I’m not a fan of the lower end steering wheels with the tool less qr but a few faulty units on the thousands they sold in the first few months isn’t a bad score.

Just open a support ticket and if you want to get it fixed ASAP just give them a call afterwards and it will be fixed. Getting a response via email takes a few days to a week, phoning them AFTER you created a ticket and it’s solved within 10 minutes.

• Thank you all of the answers, they sent me an email with some procedures to fix the problems but unfortunately it didn't work. I sent them another email with more videos but I think I'll call them to make things quicker.