V3 Brake Pressure

I recently upgraded from a CSL Elite to a DD1. I was previously running driver 346 (and firmware 1.30 on the V3s) as it was the most stable on the CSL-E, but when upgrading I switched to driver 400 (402) and V3 firmware 1.31.

When updating drivers and firmware the brake pedal has lost huge amounts of resistance. Previously if I wanted to hit 100% (4096 on the resolution) I'd need to brace my back against the seat and press with enough force that would lift my butt from the seat. Now I can hit 100% pedal pressure just with my ankle rotation.

I'm running both 13mm green Elastomer springs and my BRF is setup to 100 in iRacing (which appears to do absolutely nothing). I've played with the preload which isn't supposed to do anything but adjust the amount of play, but to no avail. I still can't get any decent levels of brake performance.

I've tried wiping all Fanatec drivers, appdata folders, etc etc. Robooting, installing a variety of drivers dating back to 2018 and still no change.

Does anyone have any idea what happened? Is this a software nerf to protect the load cell or have Fanatec nuked their own pedals prior to the release of a new set? Is there any way to get the resolution back to allowing higher input pressure? As they are they're completely useless.

Comments

• Probably your BrF setting has been reset during firmware upgrade. Check the value and increase it for more force required on the brake pedal.

• if you have set your BrF 100 then that would give you less resistance, the closer you get to 0 BrF the more resistence you get. I have mine set between 10 - 25 depending on the game, otherwise I find I lockup too easy.