DD1 Random Instantaneous Rotation

Guys,

1. Received DD1 yesterday, fitted the McLaren GT3 wheel with Clubsport QR, updated firmware. PC Driver:402, WB FW: 684, SW FW:40, WQR FW:6

2. Function Test using wheel property page - Moving the wheel / shaft (without wheel attached) slightly from center, wheel randomly hard snaps / jumps CW or CCW by 354-360 degrees without warning.

3. Very repeatable, with or without wheel attached.

4. DD1 wheelbase display remains lit and selected to the Fanatec Logo.

5. Drivers and software / firmware reinstalled to no avail. Motor sensor and wheel calibration conducted.

Tried two different PC's and different USB cable, plus different wall sockets - still the same issue

Symptoms worsen in game.

Is this fixable?

Thank-you for your time.

Comments

• Hi Mark, I'm having the same issue with my new DD1. Please let me know if you have found a solution.

• This sounds very similar to what was happening to my new DD2 a couple months ago. I'd be driving and the wheel would spin on it's own 360 degrees (putting me into the wall). It was like the center point was moving 360 degrees intermittently. Did it from Day One.

After sending a video to support they had me send it to their service center in California (I'm in the USA). They eventually sent me a new wheel base. My only frustration was that with emails, shipping and testing, it took about a month to resolve.

• Well it was RMA’d from Canada to their service centre in California. It was received back on 23 APR and I’ve asked for a new unit given that it was defective from day one. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers.

• Received new wheel base 7 MAY, no import tax on the RMA and works like a charm! Fanatec even refunded my postal charges. Great service and communication, well done Fanatec.

• I just received my DD1 today, May 12th, that replaced a CSW 2.5 that had to be RMAed in April.

I've spent a decent amount of time trying to ensure everything was installed properly this morning and I am having the EXACT same issue as OP.

Podium hub with R300 rim and clubsport button pack.

It's like the wheel randomly decides center is now 180° one way or the other, ripping the wheel out of my hands.

I'm going to build, then try the other podium hub with the NASCAR rim tomorrow morning after work tonight and I'm also going to take a look at possible grounding issues.

I just wanna race man lol 🤞🤞