Wheel Base Motor Firmware wont Load on new DD

Hi, Just received my CSL DD today. Installed it and was able to update the Wheel Base firmware. However, the Wheel Base Motor firmware will not load. As such, the wheel base is now a brick.

How can I get the Wheel Base Motor firmware loaded?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited October 2021

Hi Michael,

Please contact support for assistance, either by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Have you tried uninstalling the Fanatec software, deleting the folder, re-start PC, re-install the Fanatec driver software?

I made sure the base is off and not connected to PC when installing Fanater driver software.

Then I connected the USB plug to i/o panel at the back. Using USB3.0 socket. Not the USB2.0.

Turn on base. Select it is in PC mode. Red.

Update firmware. I DO NOT touch my mouse or keyboard when updating firmware!!! Nothing running in the background as well. I just wait...

I notice after I updated the base and motor, that same message pop up as the base inadvertantly change to xbox mode - green colour on on/off button on base.

So PC is not able to detect it. (Naturally) I closed message.

Closed driver software.

Select base mode to PC - red.

Open driver software and firmware for both base and motor updated.

• Yeah, I tried all that, thanks. Fanatec is issuing and RMA and exchanging it.

• edited October 2021

I have the same problem. Support is issuing an RMA as well. Frustrating considering how long we've waited!

• Endor is refusing to reveal how to fix it. This is Hewlett-Packard printer like planned error.