CSL DD (5NM) with CSL pedals & McLaren V2... with table clamp

Received 19 Oct.

PC driver: 415

All updated. Noted that after update of base and motor firmware, base mode changed automatically to xBox (green). Same thing happened after wheel firmware was updated too.

Been on ACC since. Loved it.

For the price, could not be happier! ☺️

Do I need Fanalab?

Comments

• Not sure if you're on Xbox or PC, but if it's the former, then no. If on PC and you've only got a couple of games that you use the wheel with, you probably don't need it. Fanalab is great if you want to store multiple profiles for the same game (if you want to test settings), or if you've got more settings that you'd like to save than the 5 slots the wheel affords you by default (It's helpful being able to actually name your profiles, rather than trying to remember that ACC is slot 1, RaceRoom is slot 2, iRacing is slot 3...or was it 5?...etc.)

Fanalab also lets you set different settings for your wheel's LED lights and/or display, as the case may be. This can be handy on PC, but on Xbox is, as I'm guessing you know, not possible.

• Cheers for that. Yes, I am coming from a PC user. Will only be using it on ACC and AC so I believe no need for fanalab? Having my hands full just trying to get to grips with 1 game.

On another note, for the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel, what does it mean by mappable analogue axes paddles? Only for clutch/brake/ throttle use? I presume I will not be able to assign a button function to it?

• Regarding Fanalab, I still think it's worth installing and just poking around a bit to see if there's anything there that you might find useful. You've got nothing to lose, really.

Regarding the extra (lower) set of paddles, I usually leave them set to clutch/handbrake mode ("B" on the center dial), since that seems to be the most useful for the games I play (AC, ACC, DR2.0, F120xx, several others). Mappable mode ("D" on the dial, I believe), I haven't found to be all that useful. Most games I've tried it with only allow you to map a function to them which will accept an analogue input, so...throttle, brake, clutch, and handbrake are usually the extent of it. I initially thought I'd be able to map them to Look Left/Right, but I believe most games expect a digital (on/off) signal for that, and as such, the analogue paddles typically aren't recognized.

That being said, I *was* able to map DRS activation to one of them in F1 2019, and that's usually controlled by a digital input...so...I dunno, depends on the game for the most part I guess. Again, one of those things that warrants experimentation to see what works and what you're comfortable with.