Porsche Podium Wheel Freezing

Hi Guys,

I have a DD CSL with a Porsche podium wheel and it continues to freeze during game play. I am playing ACC mainly and using either the Fanalab software or the CSL DD software and with both it continues to freeze. I am not sure if I should only be using one or the other but either way I get the same outcome. when it Freezes it wont move from through the menus on the ITM and none of the buttons work the screen remains fixed on the last thing it was showing.

Your help would be so great

Thanks

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited October 2021

Sounds to me like it is the game freezing.

Does it freeze after a specific action you do? Like the press of a button?

Have you tried lowering your graphics settings?

What else is running in the background of your PC?

Are you using the CSL DD for the 1st time? Game does not freeze with your old base?

What gpu, motherboard, processor are you using? How much ram do you have?

• Hi Mate

So its the actual wheel endurance module that freezes so the screen stays locked on what ever it was showing the buttons no longer have any effect but I can change gears and drive the game is perfect. The LED lights on the module stay on and no buttons are active. So if I was to come in and do a pit stop the limit button will not work. I then need to stop switch the base off reboot the game so the wheel is synced and then it works again until the next time.

The Endurance module seems to be the issue here

Thanks

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Brett,

Please check the connection of the BME into the Hub, plus all the bolts inside the quick release system (near the pins), on both the base side and wheel side.

If you're still having problems please contact support. You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• HI Dominic

Thank you for reaching out

I will check the bolts now and make sure they are tight.

Is there anything in specific I should check out for ?

Thanks Brett

• Hi Dominic

@dominic how long does it typically take before a raised ticket is attended to ?

thanks