CSL DD metalic sounding click

I brought this up on Facebook and others have mentioned they had the same thing happen to them. I have a CSL DD and when I hit a wall and/or the wheel spins quickly there's a distinct click like the mount is coming off or one of the ball bearings in the wheel mount slipped off then went back into the hole. It's a bit unnerving hearing it. The first time I heard it I immediately screwed the retainer screw in by hand and the second time I made sure I secured it with a 4.5mm hex key. It still happens. I'm using a F1 2021 wheel. Does anyone here have that problem? Anyone have an idea of what might be causing the noise?

Thanks.

Comments

• That's normal.

• It’s abit of play on the QR that you hear because there is no rubber or plastic dampening. Nothing to worry about!

• Try a layer of clingwrap on the QR shaft before mounting your wheel. There is video on Youtube which helps to reduce some play. Maybe the same will dampen the contact between the bearing and shaft.

• Nathan WongNathan Wong Member
    edited October 2021

Thank you, Maurice, Nordin and David! It definitely puts me at ease. I'll give your suggestions a try.

• Just an update. I tried the plastic wrap and wrapped it around a couple times. When I put the wheel on the plastic wrap bunched up at the end of the base. I couldn't install the screw to secure the wheel on the base. I opened the sim and tried it out and thank you! The metallic clinking is gone.