Fanatec Yoke Adapter for Flightsimulation

Imagine an Fanatec ''Yoke - Quickrelease'' for Flightsimulators.

I know you want that too now... your welcome! ;)

Comments

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited October 2021

Here is one possible mechanism. :D

The sim equipment for flight simulators is years behind Fanatec and simracing equipment in general.

Something like this would kill the whole market, where Force Feedback is almost not represented at all.

• Haha sounds like a great idea!

• Also could be used as an DAS (Dual-Axis Steering) system from Mercedes :D

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited October 2021

I've had these thoughts myself of a mechanism to simulate elevator pitch control for the Fanatec base.

The aileron controls are naturally available with the standard base as well as force feedback. But there would be NO vertical axis force feed back for the elevators, which is where your more likely to get it on hard landings, turbulence etc.

Then there is of course the need for a proper rudder and differential braking control which would not be possible with any of the current Fanatac brake peddle sets. Maybe some kind of specialized peddles for the CSL bolt on plate.

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited October 2021

Yes the missing vertical axis FFB is a thing... but using just the aileron FFB would give us still a lot of informations, a hard landing could be also simulated, similar like driving through a big bump. It's funny that almost all Flight yokes doesn't have any FFB at all.

Yes the rudder control would sadly need a new peddle design.

I guess I'll just keep using the joystick... :D

• I already use my v3 throttle and clutch pedals for rudder/brake pedals in my flight simulators, so having the base become a yoke is a natural. I'd be game.

• edited December 2021

Same here, I'd just love that!!

I have a Next Level Racing rig with a Logitech X56 HOTAS and Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase and pedals mounted.

My favorite two leisure activities are iRacing and MS Flight Simulator 2020, both in VR. I'd love to be able to use my wheelbase also as a Fanatec yoke! It's either with an adapter as described above and a regular wheel, but Fanatec could even consider to release a beautiful, actual flight yoke! Maybe even with an official license, like Thrustmaster just did with Boeing?! The Daher TBM930 yoke would be imho a dream, but it's just one example....

I really smell a great business case for Fanatec here with all the flight sim and sim racing hype around.

Just how the hack can we bring this great idea to their attention?!! I don't mean Forum moderators (no offense! ;) ), but to bring this rather to Thomas Jackermeier (CEO)???