CSL DD lag problem in RaceRoom and Assetto.

I am launching the CSL DD and I am having problems with RaceRoom and Assetto. At first everything works correctly but the minute you are on the track, a terrible lag occurs as if the PC could not play the game. Although an app indicates that the computer is at half performance and 120fps. I have tried some solution proposed in forums, with no result. In i-racing it works perfect. Anyone have a solution ?.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David,

Are you running the wheel in COMP mode?

• Hi Dominic, I just prove both ways, same problem in both. Thanks anyway.

Hi David,

Then I think it is a problem with your PC's configuration or installation of these titles. Perhaps another USB device is causing a conflict.

• Thanks Dominic for the prompt reply. My level in computing is almost nil, I barely know how to turn the computer on and off. But I also tried to change the USB to a 3.0 one but the problem persists.

The games worked well with the old steering wheel, and they start well with the new base, it is after about 30 seconds that the screen begins to lage and it seems that the more I move the steering wheel or when it has to vibrate, that is, the more information they exchange the PC and the base, the worse the game goes.

Also note that I have no problem with i-racing, it works and I love it. So my logic tells me that the problem may be between the base of the steering wheel and Steam which is the RaceRoom launcher and Assetto, which are the games that give me this problem. I have seen a similar problem in the forum, but it occurred with another steering wheel base. https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/21835/acc-cpu-99-only-with-csw-v2-5#latest

Hi David,

Something isn't adding up here. It is possible that RR and ACC (I assume you mean ACC and not AC) are more demanding on your hardware compared to iRacing. However you also say that you're getting 120fps. That is a very decent framerate and a PC capable of that performance should not be struggling with the minor demands of the Fanatec driver. You should not be seeing any significant lag if your framerate is 120fps.

• Dominic thank you very much for your help. The truth is that it is a mystery.

Finally I have changed all the connections on the back of the PC, I have even removed some USB connection that I did not use. And in a little test in RR that I just ran, it seems that now everything works as it should.

Hope this helps some other user with the same problem. I repeat my thanks for the help and my congratulations on this product, it feels great.

• Quite a common issue with the USB connection isn’t it? More of a PC configuration.

• In the AC it seems that the problem is another and the change of USB has not solved it.

In this case it seems that the problem is with the game itself and the base of the steering wheel has nothing to do with it.

I have found several articles and some video about it, so I will try the requests they propose. Hope this link can help someone.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kunos-assetto-corsa-cpu-occupancy-99-warning-advice.131882/