Blue, Red, and Black USB ports / wheel and pedal function.

I recently upgraded my computer and after installing my Fanatek v2.5 wheel and pedals was unable to play my games. This is how I got me up and running. You will need to plug your USB cables into the red or blue usb ports on your computer, not the black ports. More data can be carried on the red or blue ports. I was unable to post a link. Suggest you google USB ports for more details.

Best regards... Randy

Comments

• No, you do not have to use red or Blue usb Ports. Black ones (USB 2) are fine and even recommended to be used if a Motherboard still has one of them as the Base uses USB 2 anyway and can not benefit from USB 3 speeds.

• If you plug a USB 2 device into a USB 3 socket it works exactly as if it was plugged into a USB 2 socket. USB 3 sockets are "dual architecture", specifically to allow full backwards compatibility for USB 2 devices; if you look closely at a USB 3 socket you will see there are two rows of pins. The first row operate exactly like USB 2 pins and if you plug in a USB 2 device only these are connected. The back row are USB 3 specific and are unconnected when a USB 2 device is plugged in. A USB 2 device operates exactly the same whether it is connected to a USB 2 port or a USB 3 port.