Availability date = predicted delivery date?

Hi there,

I ordered my CSL DD on September, 11th and after watching endless YouTube videos the availability date in the order section is almost reached. It states Nov 12th. Now I was wondering if it means that the wheel base might arrive this week Friday or if it is an additional week to go. What were your experiences?

BTW, order number starts with 1320* and I am based in Germany.

Greets,

J

Comments

• Availability Date = estimated shipping date, not date of arrival/delivery.

• I was afraid to read that ;-) Thanks for the answer though!

• I'm also waiting on a wheel and base and have the same date as you, I'm in the UK though. I'm hoping that on the 12th the order will change from processing to the next step so after that it'll just be a matter of shipping arrangements.

• Fingers crossed, Peter. Do you mind telling the first four digits of your order number?

• Yeah sure, it's 1325.

• Hope that we are both lucky on Friday. Has been a really long time waiting.

BTW shipping experience so far with fanatec and UPS was best in class for me. Once the status changed UPS delivered one day later. This time might be different as they do not deliver on Saturdays.

But even so, waiting time seems to be over soon.

• Since ordering I've pretty much been expecting a few delays so it would be nice if I have my kit in the next few weeks but I'm not banking on it!

• Well, there is hope: I contacted the support via chat last week and I was told that a delay is not expected at this point. UPS will pickup and deliver the CSL DD probably next week though.

• Getting teary eyes - one hour ago I received an email and the status finally switched to ‘will be processed in the warehouse’. Hope that UPS is picking it up as usual in the afternoon!

@Peter: let me know if it also works out for you! Fingers crossed…

• Also Jumping for joy, just received email 'warehouse processing' . Order had expected 12th November date. I am in the UK so will need to wait for UPS and VAT processing before I receive goods. Order was placed 26th September. Hope this info helps others.

• Boooooo, no email for me, lol

• Strangely though the date for the wheel base has vanished in my orders but the date for the wheel is still there?? The base was 12-11-21 and the wheel was and still is 10-11-21.

• Mark HudsonMark Hudson Member
    edited November 2021

Great news. Got the same e-mail. checked order on account. says order has been processed. received a copy of invoice. but nothing about a tracking number or email from ups?

• This can take a few days. From past experiences, it would seem that they do weekly pickups of processed orders rather than daily. Example: Made purchase on a Monday, processed on Wednesday, picked up/shipped, on Friday, received email on Monday with tracking information. This was an example of one of my orders in the past. For reference, the item was in stock and ready to ship, also, this was an order from the US site.

• I am in the UK. From availability date, took 10 days to receive my parcels.

UPS "missed" 2 opportunities (ie 2 days) to get it over quicker from Germany to UK.

All my status said was...

Your parcel was cleared after the scheduled transport departure. We will reschedule for the next available departure.

That messaged was repeated the next day. This is all after I have paid the VAT. Your UPS status will show the VAT request and when you paid it as well.

• I also got the 'your order will be shipped soon' email so hopefully the actual shipping will take place soon rather than be delayed. The only issue then will be the whole question of will my wheel base get bricked when updating the firmware upon arrival.

• @Peter: feeling your pain! I will probably use a Mac with bootcamp - I hope everything works out. I am wondering if the CSL DD might already be shipped with the most current firmware.

Received yesterday the confirmation via email that it will be processed in the warehouse and no UPS email yet. Anyways, happy that it might arrive this week. In my experience it took a couple of hours after the ‘warehouse processing’ email till I received an estimated delivery date from UPS.

• Now that would be nice if it shipped with the latest firmware!

• Heureka - the delivery date has been confirmed for tomorrow by UPS!

• Let me know what firmware it has when it arrives, I seem to be a day behind you but I also have to deal with UPS for UK VAT payment and shipping to the UK so I expect my delivery will be a week or so away.

• I did not try using the base without the Fanatec driver software which you can configure settings for the base. There was already a version in it but I did not note the version number. I was using the driver 415 to access my base and it shows that you need to update the firmware on the base, motor and wheel.

In addition you can further configure how much signal is sent to your base from whatever sim you are planning to use.

For some reason, FFB was really good with raceroom and assetto corsa. It was weaker in assetto corsa competizione, but I am still tweaking it and have read somewhere that Kunos knows about this.

• @Peter: here the requested details:

wheel base: 1.0.2.4 (update to 1.0.5.3)

wheel base motor: 1.0.1.3 (no update required)

Updating the firmware was really easy. Hope it helps.

• yea. delivery date confirmed by UPS!

• Not quite sure what's happened to my order, I had the email from fanatec on the 10th Nov stating my order will be shipped soon and that's it, no contact from UPS yet.

• Glad it went smoothly for you, hopefully mine will too, if it ever arrives lol

• I received my UPS shipping emails yesterday in the end but no mention of paying VAT? I was expecting an email from them with VAT payment instructions?

• Hi Peter, I received email from UPS ([email protected]) UPS Update: Parcel Shipped.

then another same day from UPS ([email protected]) UPS Update: Import Charges are Due.

I have paid the VAT and handling and waiting in tomorrow (Wednesday) for delivery.

To recap I ordered DD CSL 26th September and was informed shipment would be 12th November and it was shipped exactly on time.

• Hi Peter

I received an email Titled Import charges due.

There was a pay now button on the email that took to me a payment page. All went well. Then I received a further email stating Import charges were paid.