Small issue when i turn ON my Podium Wheel F1 PS4

Hi all,

I installed a Podium Wheel F1 PS4 about 40 days ago and all work fine, but sometimes happen a small issue when i turn ON the base.

About 1 time every 4 or 5, when i press the power to turn ON the base, the wheel start his move, the display on the base turn ON too, all seems ok but:

• The blue "F" on the screen of the Wheel don't disappear after some seconds. Stay there.
  • If i press the tuning menu button on the Wheel, nothing happen.
  • If i go in the control panel, the Wheel result not connected.
  • If i go in the game (iRacing), nothing work. No steering, no button, nothing.

I have to turn OFF the base, and after turn ON again. The second time, all work fine.

The firmware and the motor are all updated.

Could be the signal of some problems, or nothing important are things that "can happen"?

Thanks.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Mirko,

It is possible that this is a connection issue between the wheel and the base. Check for any loose bolts in the QR near the pins (both base-side and wheel side). I recommend that you contact support so that they can properly troubleshoot this. You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CET). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I'm having exactly the same trouble with my dd1/F1. I get a dead wheel and nothing works and I have to turn it off and on again. It's done it midgame also where its just like the engine turns off. The game doesn't say its disconnected though, just nothing works. It seems to do it a couple of times and then is OK. It also seems to happen if it's been left idle for a bit. I've only had it a few days so haven't been able to replicate it yet. Very annoying when you've just paid nearly 2k fir it.