CSL Elite Wheelbase Firmware downgrade?

I've been using CSL elite wheelbase and pedals with no problem until today. Updated to the newest driver 429 and it updated wheelbase FW to 687. After the update the wheel works but feels like has almost no FFB left. Independent on the game, even when the wheel calibrates just after turning on it feels like has no torque to it? If I turn the wheel 90 degrees it doesn't even center it just stays there. Before it used to center with no issue. (Yes I've used centering, calibrating etc)

I tried downgrading the driver version, but the firmware doesn't downgrade. Using the firmware manager it requires a hex file. On these forums, I can only locate the older motor firmware but not for the wheelbase. I uninstalled from device manager as recommended and tried an older package that I knew was fine before. But the firmware stayed the same.

Can anyone give me access to older wheelbase FW hex fie or tell me where to find that I could downgrade to an older version that worked? As that was the only thing that changed.

Looking forward to any suggestions. Thank you.

Comments

• edited November 2021

It's normal and intended that the wheel stays where you left it when you are on the Desktop.

You had an issue when it did this before and returned to center so it's now working as intended.

Also downgrading does not need any hex file. You are not supposed to load anything manually. It's all done automatically. Just click update and flash, that's it.

• Great. Thank you for explaining this behavior. Once I've built a habit of how it feels it felt too strange even in games that were set to my liking. It just felt like everything was underpowered compared to before. I will just have to play more with the settings and get used to it.

Thank you again for saving my sanity and finding the time to reply. Have a good one!