CLS Elite pedals on pc - USB adapter needed?

edited May 2020 in Pedals

Hi all,

I'm on the edge of ordering a Wheelbase Elite v1.1 + formula V2 + CLS elite pedals (2 pedals, not the one with the 3rd pedal load cell).

I was wondering if I need to buy the USB CLUBSPORT adapter also to get the setup working on PC (windows 10) because when you look at the product page, it says that the pedals are compatible with PS4 & XBOX but PC isn't mentioned... Also my english isnt't that good, the manual wasn't very clear to me.

Can somebody help me? It's the only thing I need to know before making the order :-)

thanks a lot!

Comments

• Every single Fanatec item is compatible with PC.

If you have a Fanatec wheelbase, then the pedals plug into the wheel base and no adapter is needed.

The adapter is for when you don't have a Fanatec wheelbase, like if you were using one from another brand, but you are still using Fanatec pedals. The adapter lets you plug the pedals directly into the PC. (FYI this only works on PC, not consoles)

• edited May 2020

Mega thanks! Still a bit weird that the PC logo isn't on the product page (it is for the CLS Elite LC Pedals)

Ordering right now :-)

• Hi Nicolas,

As per website it is mentioning

FEATURES

• Plug and play pedals with throttle and brake pedal unit
    • Pedal units and heel rest made from solid Aluminum
    • Brake pedal with metal spring and PU foam damper for pressure braking simulation and more realism
    • Extra long pedals for more realism and comfort
    • Adjustable horizontal distance between pedal units, allows asynchronous setup
    • Ability to easily remove pedals from heelrest and install them together with the electronics in cockpits or stands seperately
    • 12bit resolution potentiometers
    • Heel rest offers large rest surface
    • Detachable rubber pedal covers offer good grip on soft surface
    • Direct connection to Fanatec Wheel Bases and Racing Wheels
    • USB connection to PC only via ClubSport USB Adapter (optional)
    • Upgradable by CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit (optional)

COMPATIBILITY

Platforms

• PC: The CSL Elite Pedals must be connected directly to the Wheel Base and do not come with an USB connector. For USB functionality you need to use a ClubSport USB Adapter 

I think this is what he Jeffrey explained you above. Since you ordered for a fanatec base (CSL Elite V1.1) it is connected on the base and the base to the PC.

At least this is what I also understand.

We are only trying to help. If you want to be 100% sure better wait for salesteam to answer. 😉

• I have full confidence in you guys ;-) both your explanations look very logic. It was just a bit confusing when I looked at the manual.

thanks for the help