Xbox users overlooked

Why isn’t the new BMW rim available on xbox?

I feel like PS just got here but already getting preferential treatment over xbox with regards to compatibility.

Just sayin.

And if its a marketing thing, anyone willing to buy a DD for sole use on a console would probably also be prepared to fork out for high end peripherals. I.e me.

Thank you Fanatec for making life worth living.

Comments

• And they called that bit of slow junk a pro….. I mean the cheek of it……..

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Kieron,

There is no intention to favour one console over another. We are very much platform-neutral, but the nature of our ecosystem might make it seem unbalanced. Xbox compatibility is achieved through licensed steering wheels, and PlayStation compatibility is achieved through licensed wheel bases. This allows the combination of an Xbox-licensed steering wheel and a PlayStation-licensed wheel base to enable multi-platform compatibility, which is a unique feature of our ecosystem.

As a result, there are different advantages for Xbox users vs PlayStation users in terms of buying into the Fanatec ecosystem.

For PlayStation users, they must buy a PlayStation-licensed wheel base, which, for a while before the Gran Turismo DD Pro was introduced, was limited to the Podium Racing Wheel F1, a €1799.95 product. The GT DD Pro now drops that price of entry to €699.95, but it's still a significant investment. Once this extra outlay is made at the beginning, customers with these PlayStation-licensed wheel bases have the full range of steering wheels to choose from.

For Xbox users, they must buy an Xbox-licensed wheel, but this activates Xbox compatibility on all Fanatec wheel bases since the original ClubSport Wheel Base, so there has always been a larger selection of wheel bases to choose from, at a wider range of prices. For example right now, the CSL DD can be purchased for a lower price than the GT DD Pro for use on Xbox, and our most high-end wheel base (the DD2) can also be used on Xbox.

Licensing for console is a long process and a significant investment (compared to making PC-only products), so we have to be selective about which wheels are submitted for Xbox-licensing.

There are currently two PlayStation-licensed products in our range: Podium Racing Wheel F1, and Gran Turismo DD Pro.

There are currently four Xbox-licensed products in our range: ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 X, ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox, CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC, CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2. (The Universal Hub can support all our wheel rims, so it is listed many more times in different combinations in the Steering Wheels category. If you count those too, you could say there are at least 16 variations of wheels that work on Xbox).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Yes but you called it the DD PRO every one know when you add stripe’s and the word pro it’s gives you 3.85% more bhp so faster…..

• unfortunately we have to share oxygen with everyone lol

• Thanks for your response.

Ideally I should be using my DD2 setup on pc, I guess.

Just feeling the envy not being able to use the top line stuff ...Porsche wheel(s), podium hub, podium gt rim and now this BMW rim, not to mention the led rev lights not working on the F1 rim on xbox but I get that it’s a licensing thing.

Cheers