Handbrake 1.5 not recognized

edited December 2021 in Fanatec Other

Hello everyone and happy holidays.

Up until today I was stuck with my good old 3XX driver which was working great despite minor bugs, this is why I kept postponing the update to 4XX. I Just updated to 434 and can't get my handbrake to work, which was working great up until I updated the drivers.

The handbrake is attached on the base. Testing the handbrake appears on the pedals for some reason but not working at all - website indicates no specific driver is required, but games (Dirt 2.0) not recognizing it at all.

What am I missing here?

I am on a CSL Elite PS4 Base (v1.0)

PC driver 434

Wheelbase: 688

Wheel base motor: 22

Comments

• Ok, so I got it to work, however, there is no mention anywhere about how it should work, so I am adding it here for the ones that encounter the same issue.

I reinstalled drivers, restarted several times, disconnected, reconnected, etc and finally realized I had to switch to ;Enable CSL Elite Pedals LC manual mode' and set min-max values there.

• Nowhere in the process was it required to calibrate the handbrake
    • It is not mentioned anywhere on the website product page or manual
    • It is very confusing that the handbrake doesn't have a separate menu of its own if it is recognized by the driver. Being alongside the pedals makes no sense at all since some people connect it to their wheel base (like me)

I would suggest that the handbrake has its own separate tab in the driver and a calibrate button of its own that would set the min/max force of the handbrake.

• edited December 2021
    • It is very confusing that the handbrake doesn't have a separate menu of its own if it is recognized by the driver. Being alongside the pedals makes no sense at all since some people connect it to their wheel base (like me)

I would suggest that the handbrake has its own separate tab in the driver and a calibrate button of its own that would set the min/max force of the handbrake.

Exactly that is technically not possible because the driver can NOT detect the handbrake, only once an input was made, so it HAS TO BE in the Pedals tab.

• Maurice, since I realize it is you that making the drivers, and taking what you just said under consideration, I would prefer this:

• It is a fact that it shouldn't belong to the pedals since it's not restricted with pedals use. Others connect it via the base, others via usb, etc. A user shouldn't be fiddling with the UI to find out things and features but it should be intuitive.
    • A separate tab is definitely needed - I am saying this as a professional product designer; try placing it greyed out as a 'Handbrake' or even 'Other devices' and add a 'Detect' or 'Calibrate' button that would require the user to trigger the input. In case it isn't detected, then simply throw an error.
    • Another idea would be to try adding it in the settings tab, where you can toggle the shifter, do the same for handbrake but keep it turned off by default.
    • Even better, I would add something like a calibration wizard for all devices - starting with the base, then wheel, and so on. During this process I would also add the firmware updating process to keep the flow seamless, eg Wheel base - new firmware found, update? Then steering wheel, new firmware found, update? Then, immediately calibrate wheel. At the end of the process it would ask - is there a handbrake connected? If so, pull it once and then set min/max force.

In any case please DO add a mention somewhere about the handbrake. If any of the ideas above don't work for you a simple message in the pedals would be sufficient, eg 'To calibrate handbrake, click here' or something similar.

Also for some reason, when I read the option 'Enable CSL Elite Pedals LC manual mode' my mind went to Load Cell for some reason so I initially ignored it alltogether, didn't even bother reading the tooltip.

• edited December 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm in a similar situation. I bought a handbrake 1.5 and tried to use it on a DD2 base via handbrake port. Despite the correct wiring on the handbrake connection, I do not receive any signal, regardless of whether it is in the global game controller settings or the Fanatec control panel. The handbrake was exchanged via RMA. The new exchange came today, but the same problem. So probably not a hardware problem. When I read the experience report here, it seems to confirm a driver or firmware problem. What can I do? I do not know how to continue...

PS:: I´m on the 434 driver and I also tried 429. All Updates for the hardware were made. OS: Windows 11

• Hello Adalbert,

checking back on this post, maybe you missed what you have to do. It's not a driver problem per se, but the option to make it work is somewhat hidden at this time. The handbrake does not require any special firmware, nor does it take any firmware updates.

• At the bottom of the pedals tab there is an option that reads 'Enable CSL Elite Pedals LC manual mode'
    • After you click on that, pull the Handbrake once
    • Afterwards, while the lever is depressed click on 'Min' on the handbrake section
    • With the lever completely pulled click on 'Max'

Hopefully, it makes sense and it works for you.

• I'm experiencing the bug as well. My ClubSport Handbrake is connected directly to my Inverted ClubSport Petals. Please see my pictures.

I brought up the Windows Game controllers module to contrast and compare with Fanatec's. The clutch, brake, and gas petals work fine.

However, windows is detecting my ClubSport HandBrake thru the ClubSport Petals, even though, Fanatec's software is not registering any input. The handbrake isn't working for me in game.. Please correct this.

• Hello there,

although Maurice is the one to give you a proper answer, this looks like a different problem. I don't know how it is supposed to work when connected to the pedals rather than the base - manual reads something like, pull once after power on (after base power on that is) to register handbrake inputs.

If it helps I want to state that my handbrake is NOT visible in the game controllers either, but works. Then again, it is connected to the base, not the pedals set like in your setup.

Hope your issue is resolved!

• Hi Nick Sotiriadis,

I have a problem similar to yours.

I have the pedals and wheel base from the CSL Elite, bought the V1.5 handbrake and connected it to the wheel base like you did. The handbrake is not recognized in any way, I tried to connect the wheel base to the PC and I updated all the drivers but it is not recognized even so.

I searched on the forum and I found your answer, that is "Switch to: Enable CSL Elite Pedals LC manual mode and set min-max values there", my problem is that this button does not come out anywhere, nor on the software nor anywhere. Can you tell me something about it?

IfI can't get it to work I will have to return it because otherwise I won't do anything with it. @Fanatec can you hear us?

Thanks

• Are you able to calibrate the handbrake? I have mine plugged into the DD2. The handbrake works, but pressing Min or Max doesn't do anything.

• Thats a known limitation of the current driver and its being worked on. Nothing you can do for now other than waiting for a new driver soon.

• Hello guys, 

I have a similar problem, 
    connected the handbrake and the shifter via USB,
     but neither of the two is displayed in the controll panel, 
    the shifter was recognized with wrc9 handbrake not, any ideas? 

I installed the current driver. 

Kind regards

• Hi there !

Thank you for yours comments: I thought one moment I've broken my setup.....

Today I was playing on Portugal stage (50 th anniversary) and I had the very bad idea to download the latest version of the drivers....

I am also on a CSL Elite PS4 Base (v1.0) with a v1.5 handbrake.

PC driver 434 Wheelbase: 688 Wheel base motor: 22 WHAT a mistake !!!!!

It's a real disaster!!!!! All functions can be configured with the joystick and on the wheel ( 0, X...) on WRC 10, but all attempts to test the handbrake are useless!!! On PC mode, throttle and brakes are good, but no reaction from the han d brake.

Is it possible to get the old drivers ?

I can't play on any rally now....

Regards

• Try driver 435 which should have fixed this known issue of 434.

• Hi !

Thank you Maurice. I'm bad....but where is the 435 driver ? after try to get it even on DD pro, I only found the 434 driver..Sorry!

• Found on another forum's page !!!! quilkly downloaded.😅

• Done after 2 upgrades ! 👋👋

Thank you very much !

But it's always very hard to play on WRC 10. Like a soap in the hands, lake of sensations despite several settings...... I don't know if I could win about 30 seconds on the third stage...But this is another story.....