[Question] Orders - How long is toooooooo long?

Hello. I have a question about orders. How long should a person wait? I originally placed an order on December 17, 2021 for the following items. CSL DD (8Nm). CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL R330 V2 FOR XBOX with QR1. ClubSport Pedals V3. ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit and the ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5. I should have taken a screen shot of the availability of the parts ordered. Some items were not going to be available till January. The latest was the CSL DD. I think it was January 20 something. Then it was updated to Feb 28 2022. Still the other parts were available before that. I know they won't ship until all items are available, but I just checked the status today and now the R330 Wheel isn't going to be available till April 20th, 2022. WTF!!!! How does Fanatec work?? Why wouldn't they get my order ready as parts are available? Put my parts to the side since Fanatec took my money and I have been paying off my credit card and will be done paying it off by the end of next week. 4 months is a bit long. I would think my order has some type of priority to new orders no??? In my personal life I have never ordered something with the idea it was going to take THAT long to get. If that were the case I would have waited till then so that I wouldn't feel like this was a lay away plan or a wait and see. I don't want my order to end up taking longer cause the Wheel is available but then all that wait makes the order delay again because something else now is unavailable... when does it end?? I don't know... I want to play. You know? sighhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Ludovic HEUZELudovic HEUZE Member
    edited January 2022

Hi Christopher,

Don't worry, I think your equipement will be delivered within the next days.

I was in your case, with an order on Decmber 30th, and i was a little bit worried about the update of availabability date for the different components. At last, the equipement was delivered. 😊

• Christopher, are you looking at the availability dates in 'Your Order' under your account or on the website shop?

I ordered CSL DD, pedals and McLaren wheel on 9 Jun 2021. Availability date given at time of order was 19 Oct 2021. This was then changed to 8 Oct and I received my items 19 Oct.

You have to expect delays and Fanatec does warn you, (banner at the top or disclaimer notice before going into your cart) before you order that there will be delays AND there will be delays. Do expect it please.

• LOL that seems as long as I am going to have to wait. sighhhhh

**********************************************************************************************************

I can understand a few days in delays but not 4 months. That's a little absurd. I can understand a preorder but not when something was available then a month later it changes again for the 3rd time. So again, my order was changed from mid January to late Feb and now sometime in April. I have never heard of anything like that ever. I would think orders are first come first served. As product becomes available put that to the side so that as soon as all items are in it would then be shipped. My guess is orders after me were filled and now I have to wait because now there isn't any more inventory.

• Where are you located?

There were instances of availability dates being moved to a later date in error. Something going on with the system. This was subsequently moved back to the original date when the order was 1st placed. Give support a call to see what they say.

• Eastern US

• The dates are in sync. The availability on the product and the order page both change to the same for my order at least.

I contacted them in chat and they said two different things. One said it will be shipped at the date of the (last) product comes in stock. The other said I'll have to wait until all parts are in stock.

At the moment of order, everything except the table clamp was in stock. Now all parts are available in late March to late April according to both order and products page.

• as i've already said, the right date is the one you got when you place your order until you receive a mail from Fanatec who say that a component is delayed. that's why i recommand to take a screenshot when you place your order to remember the right date of the last available component and know when your order will be processed.

• It's very confusing to say the least. :)

• "... will be shipped at the date of the (last) product comes in stock... all parts are in stock."

that is saying the same thing... 🙄

Just do as Bertrand says.

I have read of customers who have had dates in "order page" moving around, but then reverted back to the original availability date. I think it is a glitch of the system and Fanatec have not gotten round to resolving the issue.

Like I said, you know when the original availability dates are for when you ordered the item, so go live your lives and do something else and do not go into your account and come back within 1 week of that date. 😉

• btw... 26 Nov 2021, i ordered the LC brake kit + 8nm psu. availability date was 31 Jan 2022.

the order changed to processed yesterday, 25 Jan 2022, so it will be shipped over next few days.

so sometimes they do become available earlier. 😉

• Are you saying the dates on your order forms changed??? Or just the website? I go by the order page recipts date.... and If you check your order page once you have serial numbers your order is about to ship. That's why I ordered everything separate. You don't save on shipping anyway. Alrdy got most of my stuff and no order dates have changed.

• Have you paid in full this whole time waiting? Charging you for items that have been delayed & not shipped is not okay, if that’s the case.

• Got my tracking number today and had to pay UK VAT + handling charge to UPS. Estimated delivery 31/01, which was the availability date when I 1st order in Nov 2021.

• i don't mind waiting my turn, but don't like paying up front before shipping. normally you don't get charged until shipped.

I am looking forward to building a crazy cockpit

remember the Studebaker you payed up front before the car that was not even finished design stages, I am sure Fanatec will do much better than that and will be worth the wait.

Cosmo Kid