Just received my CSL pedals load cell kit ...  😍  😍  😍 

David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
edited January 2022 in Pedals

Any reason for me to connect directly to pc to update the firmware? I am currently connected through my wheel base and therefore unable to update it. Works fine as it is as far as I can see.

It is a big difference compared to the original brake pedals. What a difference! I can slow down much quicker. Unsure why, but I need to get used to it as I am over braking into corners now. 😏

And anyone know where I can find the online pdf file for the load cell kit installation? The links from the "download" tab under CSL pedals LC does not lead to anywhere .

I have a physical copy of a quick installation guide which came with the kit, but I just want an online copy. Thanks.

Comments

• I can't help you, but I'm interested to hear how you get on with these pedals. At some point in the not-too-distant future, I'd like to upgrade from my CSP v1's, and I'm not sure if these would be an improvement over what I have, or more of a side-grade. If they're more of a side-grade, then I'd be thinking about a set of v3's...but then I feel like if I do that, I may as well just go whole hog and go for a set of Heusinkveld Sprints or something.

Or maybe I should not get carried away and actually get a more substantial rig than the wheel stand I'm currently using...lol.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited February 2022

Definitely a side grade there. I would go for a V3 with the brake kit for adjustability or Heusinkvelds.

Your v1s already has load cell and so not much difference there.

I am not able to change the elastomers on the CSL LC kit. Unless something comes up after market. But load cell makes a world of difference.

• I just learned from Dominic in another thread that apparently there are Podium-grade pedals in development. Though, so is the QR2...🙄

Anyway, thanks for confirming they're a side-grade for me. I'm not in a huge hurry at all, so I can wait another year or so and see what the market has to offer then.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited February 2022

I need more brake pedal movement on my LC kit for the CSL pedals. It does seem to be adjustable? Anyone else tried it? With a different elastomer?

I know one of my problems is that I am using the wheel using a table clamp and hence the dreaded office chair... which moves if I set the BRF too high. 😂

• Might have a look around for some rubber stoppers that you can use after you unscrew the wheels out of the bottom of your chair. I seem to remember someone posting about that, with a photo, on these forums fairly recently.

• That's the one, cheers. Do those have a rubber bottom, or is it plastic? In one place, the description says they're rubber, but elsewhere it says they're plastic.

• They are plastic which are ok on carpet, they also have a felt pad you can attach for hard floors

• In anticipation of my CSL pedals and LC kit coming I recently added a tie down strap to my "rig" and its been amazing. I'm using a GT Omega Apex stand and an office chair and was noticing how much I was moving when playing ACC etc. Have had the strap around the base of the cylinder and then through the legs of the wheel stand and its transformed my comfort level and consistency on the brake.

Well worth getting the office chair to not move!