Clubsport V3 BRF settings

Hi I run mostly nascar ovals. I have the brake performance kit and the medium rubbers. Anyway where should I start the settings for oval? I seem to either lock up my tires at 75 or below and if I'm up close to 100 I literally have to step on it will all my might to stop it. Guys drive so much harder into the corners than I do? What am I doing wrong? Do I need more pedal travel with a soft rubber insert combo?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jeremy,

Brake pedal feel is very much about personal preference, so you should experiment with different elastomers and different BRF values. But it is ultimately about practice, and training your muscle memory. Because of this, I think it is not a good idea to try a setting for a short time and making a decision that it's not right for you. Each time you make an adjustment you should give it a lot of time, so that you begin to adapt your technique for finding that threshold braking feel, and then you can start to train your muscle memory.

While it can be helpful to have a pedal that requires more force to hit maximum, it's not necessarily the solution. If you feel more comfortable with the amount of force you have to exert to max out the brake input at BRF 75, then stick with it. It's more about practice than anything else.

Also if you're using iRacing, make sure the Brake Force Factor in the iRacing menu is set to 0 for a linear response to the brake input.

[Fanatec Community Manager]